Game towards the end of Sept?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm looking at playing towards the end of this month, at one of the courses that takes the voucher that came with this months magazine. Things like that normally go to waste with me, but this time I quite like the idea of playing a nice course that I haven't been to before.

Anyone want to help me use it?

I don't mind travelling, as long as I won't spend half the day behind the wheel of a car.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
tumbleweed.gif

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
that voucher covers about 800 courses. its harder to find a course that you cant use it on

:D :D :D

I thought the OP was offering a reduced green fee game with anyone interested, reasonably local to his area, rather than whether he could find a course on which to play.

Unfortunately it's a bit too far away for me.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
that voucher covers about 800 courses. its harder to find a course that you cant use it on

:D :D :D

I thought the OP was offering a reduced green fee game with anyone interested, reasonably local to his area, rather than whether he could find a course on which to play.

Unfortunately it's a bit too far away for me.

That was the plan, yes.

Find someone (or 3 if we have 2 vouchers between us) who fancies a game then worry about where to play.

Just to clarify the distance thing, I don't mind driving for up to about an hour and a half. Obviously some directions have quicker roads than others, and there's nothing to stop someone meeting me somewhere in the middle if they have transport too. :)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sheffield is about an hour and a half from me so I'd be happy travel that far.

Just had a look at Stocksbridge but I'm not keen on short courses with a lot of par 3's.
Tankersley Park or Wortley Hall doesn't appear to be on the list of participating courses.

There's one called Sitwell Park near Rotherham, but the website doesn't show much of it apart from the scorecard.

Anyone played it, or recommend a course near Sheffield on the GreenFree list?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there a list (on t'internet) of the courses available?

I'm up for a game, maybe.....depends where you are.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Halfway between grumpyjock and garethmorgan is Birmingham-ish, which is just over an hour from me and probably closer for RGDave (assuming those posted here are still interested?)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't know if it makes a difference but it's GreenFree vouchers that were with the mag not 2-Fore-1.

Their (GreenFree) website says that it's the Derby and PGA courses that take the vouchers, but not the Brabazon.
Also, they only take them Mon-Thu, and must be booked 2 weeks in advance.

Wasn't necessarily thinking of playing at the weekend, but I can do if that suits. I was going to book a day off work during the week.

garethmorgan

Hacker
Visit site
Think the belfry is a bit far for me guys, carry on if thats what you fancy though.

If anyone from that area or further south fancies meeting up somewhere for a game let me know.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd be keen to do mid-week at the Belfy PGA.
Anyone know the cost? If it was 2 for £70 (£35) yes, why not.

I'd been keen to play Uttoxeter some time and would always go back to Wharton Park. If Wharton was 2 for 1 at £25 that'd be just £12.50!! :)
So cheap, I'd get a buggy too (it's a hell of a hike!)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Belfry site says £70 for the PGA so I'd assume that would be £35 each. However, some clubs only take the vouchers on day rates, but even if that's the case I can't see it being much more.

You up for that grumpyjock? I know it's a bit further for you to travel though.

Be good if we could get one more with a voucher so we could play 4 for the price of 2.