Game of two halves.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've just came back from an outing at Stonehaven after the most surreal round. I went out in 34 (+1), having the round of my life, and then proceeded to came back in 50!!!(+18) having seen most of Aberdeenshire and minus twenty quids's worth of balls!!. I can't quite get my head round exactly what happened to me. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has ever had such a huge difference between their outs/ins?
BTW I play off 10

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a round like that a couple of seasons ago. Out in 47(36) in for 35(34) off 12........ But I guess you couls say I relaxed when the card was weighed down by lead. I also had a round where I shot 5 birdies when off 13 which means I had to play 13 holes off 18 ..... I shot a 86 !!!!!
I LOVE THIS GAME !!!!!!!!!

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yip. Once had a round at Nairn Dunbar in a medal where I was out in 49 (34) and back in 37 (37) which included a quadruple bogey 8 at the 17th, playing off 12 at the time. A game of two halves was exactly how I described it at the time. You gotta love it.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
See, you guys did it the right way round. Having your better half coming home. At least that lets you finish on a high and you enjoy your pint a wee bit more.
I just went and cried in the toilet.

MacMachattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In a two round competition last year I played the first round in 86 and was feeling less than confident about the state of my game. I went out the next day and shot 68 - a shot a hole better! There's no explanation for it.

Teetotal

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I usually start off okay, then everything goes pair shaped for a bit then I start to get a bit desperate and try and reign it in for the last few holes. I put it down to having the mental stamina of a knat.

RoundMan

Visit site
Happens to me all the time, okay I am a new golfer but it seems to me that if I know I am doing well out I get all excited seeing myself going for glory and it all goes pear shaped. Whereas if I have not been keeping a tally of my total so far (not the easiest thing in the world to do) I play much better coming in.

Conversely if I am playing terribly going out I think something clicks and I know I should be playing better and play much better coming in.

Now if only I can combine the best of those two scenarios....

Joe

muttleee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not exactly a game of 2 halves in the traditional front 9/back 9 sense but I remember a major turnaround while playing in a fourball match with the MD of the place where I worked at the time. We were 2 down after 7 and I had done absolutely nothing in the match up till that point. I don't know what changed but suddenly I could do no wrong and played the next 7 holes in 1 over par (playing off 20!). I was getting up and down and holing putts all over the place. We went from 2 down after 7 to 4 up after 14 and won it with a half on the next. This was at Portmarnock Links outside Dublin. I don't think I'll ever forget it!