Game is in pieces

Visit site
Lost a shed load of balls on my first half a dozen rounds - partly from losing in the slightly longer rough at the edge of fairway and freshly mown grass and partly from getting much much more roll out than expected after this winters golf.
Scores are slowly getting back on track but I cant hit my driver for love nor money. Just getting no distance with it at all (200yrds forwards almost as far right)
However on the plus side my new 3 wood is the most reliable club in the bag by a mile and on a good day it's not much shorter than the driver used to be and is remarkably straight most of the time

Last edited:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have been one of the first on here to say learning from youtube is fraught with danger and it's easy to misinterpret the information and therefore make your swing worse rather than better That said, I have been watching videos by a guy called Danny Maude and he has revolutionised my short game completely to the point where I am pitching closer and more consistently and have chipped in twice in a week.

I bought a net during lockdown and wasn't trying to do too much other than keep the swing going. It did help with the pitching and chipping though. I've not used a forward press that much but can understand how it doesn't take much to go from "slight" to something bigger and perhaps damaging,

As for the state of my own game, I am down on distance when using premium make balls (which is annoying) but I've managed 34,37, 34 points in the last three rounds so showing a modicum of consistency
I like Danny Maude, his tuition makes good sence.