Game Improving Clubs - UST Proforce 65 Shaft?

Doug_Aberdeen

Hacker
Visit site
Hi All

I'm looking to purchase a new set of clubs on a relatively low budget and had heard good things about the MD Superstrong series. The set I'm looking at are fitted with UST Proforce 65 shafts and I've no idea if this is a good or bad thing for someone at my level (18 h/c). I can't hit them before I purchase so I'm a little wary that the shaft is not suitable for someone at my level. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Doug

A

Alex1975

You could be an 18 handicap who hits his driver at 80 mph or 120 mph, you may hit the ball really high or really low, shafts are very personal.

However it is a good quality club/s with a good quality shaft.

Doug_Aberdeen

Hacker
Visit site
You could be an 18 handicap who hits his driver at 80 mph or 120 mph, you may hit the ball really high or really low, shafts are very personal.

However it is a good quality club/s with a good quality shaft.

Thanks. I have no idea at what speed I hit at - I am a bit of a novice but wouldn't expect it to be very fast. Saying that I am 6' 3" so I guess naturally there will be speed with my height. I may well take a punt on them given they are considered good quality clubs and at worst I can always sell them on.

B

birdieman

Proforce 65 shafts will be available in both stiff and regular flex so you want to find out which they are. As a novice I'd go for regular.
You know these shafts are yellow and purple? I had them in some Ping G5's, effortless to hit.

Doug_Aberdeen

Hacker
Visit site
Proforce 65 shafts will be available in both stiff and regular flex so you want to find out which they are. As a novice I'd go for regular.
You know these shafts are yellow and purple? I had them in some Ping G5's, effortless to hit.

I'm aware of the colours! I've asked the seller if they're regular or stiff - will only consider purchase if they're regular.

B

birdieman

I know most of the Aberdeen* courses (former resident), in that neck of the woods especially the links courses you'll be fighting the wind most of the time, graphite shafts will take the ball higher than steel, maybe too high.

What you want are some DGS400's in X flex to jab it along under the wind daisy-cutter style....just kidding!

Which course are you at?

*assumption from your forum name that you're from or 'fae' Aberdeen.

Last edited:

Doug_Aberdeen

Hacker
Visit site
I know most of the Aberdeen* courses (former resident), in that neck of the woods especially the links courses you'll be fighting the wind most of the time, graphite shafts will take the ball higher than steel, maybe too high.

What you want are some DGS400's in X flex to jab it along under the wind daisy-cutter style....just kidding!

Which course are you at?

*assumption from your forum name that you're from or 'fae' Aberdeen.

Fit like! I'm about to join one of the clubs attached to the Kings Links and I also play a bit at Inchmarlo