Game improvement/Better Player Myth?

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
I tried a few new irons out from Ping and Taylormade before starting to play again recently.

Didnt see ANY reason to part with my hard earned and I am sticking with my Ping Eye 2s which are getting on for 25 years old at least.

• I have good feelings with them , as I played my best golf with them when I was younger.
  • I still really like the look of them and have some affection for them too.
  • There still in good condition for there age.
  • I like the fact that im going against the grain and doing something different.
  • And above all I hit them great

My view is having confidence in and what makes you feel comfortable is whats important whether it be a butter knife blade or a spade with a hosel.

Likely out of heavy lies you have an advantage with them too. Big, wide grooves that are no longer legal to make.

D

Deleted member 21445

Likely out of heavy lies you have an advantage with them too. Big, wide grooves that are no longer legal to make.

Had to do a bit of research on that..

Thankfully the + version are legal...

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had to do a bit of research on that..

Thankfully the + version are legal...

Oh, I was not suggesting you were playing illegal clubs. On occasion Phil Mickelson still uses a Ping Eye sand wedge for the box grooves. Your whole set will have box grooves and they are big guttered for removing water, dirt and grass.