Galvin Green Test Opportunity

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
yep proper hot today , the green eyed monster in me is hoping that you still have to wear the full windshirt and waterproof outfit ;) lol. However I am not that mean and hope you all have a good day. I am looking forward to see the pics and read your reviews.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, what a scorcher of a day!

Arrived at Hillside around 9:15am for a 9:30am start and was met by Paul (GM), Calum (GG) and the mysterious, un-named third lucky participant (I'll let him announce himself after he's home from his very long journey...). Once Steve arrived and the coffee served Calum went off to grab his box of tricks and served up accordingly. To test we were given....

Ventil8 t-shirt, Ventil8 trousers, half zip wind-stopper, belt and cap. Oh and a walk round the beautiful Hillside on a virtually closed course to test it all out.

We got the first tee photo's out of the way and off we went with Kevin the photographer and Calum following us in the buggy. As well as taking an awful lot of shots (around 15 holes worth!) they were also very gracious in helping search for balls which, for those who have not played Hillside, is quite a common occurrence. It's brutal and with the narrow fairways we were regular visitors.

All three of us had different styles of trousers and t-shirt. I wasn't impressed with the green trousers (personal choice, sorry Steve) but the gun metal and midnight blue were nice. The unnamed 3rd chose the spicy orange t-shirt and wind stopper and I have to say, they looked really, really smart as did the the black/white/gun metal wind stopper Steve and I were issued.

I had some fitting issues with the troo's so remained in my *insert other brand name here* and as it was a scorcher of a day the wind-stopper wasn't needed so for me it was all about the ventil8 technology in the t-shirt, the Maxwell white/Swedish blue design which gave a real classy appearance (yeah, yeah, I know, then I open my mouth ;)) .

Calum went to great lengths prior to the round to give us detail into the technology behind the new range so on a scorcher like today it was going to be put to the test and I have to say, as the round went on, it made complete sense. I think I made mention of it in the piece to camera afterwards that your mid-range t-shirts (which i buy) tend to stick a little on the shoulders when is really hot but the ventil8 didn't and despite the scorching temperatures it would have quite easily passed as 'fresh on' coming up the 18th. Perhaps the mystery 3rd can comment further on this when he returns and I'll say no more!

I don't really do caps unless its raining but each one issued colour wise was nice and you wouldn't say any of them were garish or loud. The belts were also a comfortable fit once we'd took the scissors to them and again, the colour and design were simplistic yet classy.

I'll not talk too much about the golf.....:whistle: but watching Paul smoke his driver nearly every time straight down the centre with a one second address was a joy. Really looking forward to receiving some pics, Kevin the photographer was a belting chap, made us all feel at ease and seemed to be having a ball as by the 11th they had all they needed but he stayed on until the 17th snapping away on nearly all our shots, up close and personal that strangely, wasn't a put off.

To finish Paul, Calum and Kevin, along with Steve and *mystery 3rd person...* were superb guys to meet and play with and I think it's safe to say we all had a cracking day with the beauty of Hillside as the icing in the cake.

Thanks to GM and GG for yet another fab forum opportunity. Time to rehydrate with another soothing cold one!

(I can get an infraction now....muahahahahahaha) :rofl:

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
All three of us had different styles of trousers and t-shirt. I wasn't impressed with the green trousers (personal choice, sorry Steve) but the gun metal and midnight blue were nice. The unnamed 3rd chose the spicy orange t-shirt and wind stopper and I have to say, they looked really, really smart as did the the black/white/gun metal wind stopper Steve and I were issued.

I must agree with Everything You say, was a belting day, shame the halfway hut was closed. More so due to the ice cream sign that was situated outside it. The troos I had were very comfy, but I agree with the colouring, a pair of light grey would be more my preference and would then suit more tops as a mix and match set.

The course was in mint condition, the rough was lush and narly. As nice as the rough looked from a distance, when your stood over your ball in it, its bloody ugly stuff. Lol. I hit some great shots, me and Odvan finished 2UP after the 18, I was surprised especially as Pauls tee shots were mainly bang on. I caught a few sweet drives but a niggling injury didnt help much.

The PHotographer and Callum were both great and good for a laugh as we went round, just a shame he didnt use his lenses to spot for us when we teed off so Odvan and me might not have both lost 2 balls on the 12th tee.

Would I play the course again..............Definitely......

Was the days good.............Better than that it was fantastic, the weather, the company and the odd bit of brilliance. Playing a shot out of a deep pot bunker on the 18th was daunting but will take the memory of the shot with me.

GM thank you.
Paul O thankyou
Callum thankyou
Kevin thankyou

and to Odvan and the 3rd lucky man thankyou both for your company and enthusiasm throughout the day. It would be good to play again

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah yes, twitter....

Steve, I have to agree, lol, ruined! Reckon you'll show the boys that one....? :D

Last edited:

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
Ok, I'm 'Spicy Orange Boy'!!!! Obviously the M in MGL stands for Mysterious!

It really was a fantastic day - what a course Hillside is! Without doubt the hottest day I have played golf in for a while. The Galvin Green gear just performs. I've had trousers before and thought they were good and I've got a few tshirts but the newer ventil8 range felt like a definite improvement. It is so comfortable and lightweight to wear.

As anyone who has played golf with me will testify, I do black, grey, dark black, dark grey, as my 'colours of choice'!!! I was happy to give the spicy orange a try and the light grey trousers, white belt, went well together. The wind proof top wouldn't nor,ally be something I would buy tbh, but it did feel very comfortable and lightweight again. Not sure how I will take to the short sleeves but will def try it out. I'm not normally a cap person but with the sun today it was a godsend.

All the guys were a good laugh and it made for a cracking day. The funniest bit for me was after hitting a crap shot and all you want to do is swear or 'swoosh' your club in anger and the guy is asking you to hold your pose or do another swing so he can get the shot!! The camera really took some getting used to!

Thanks again to all the guys at the day for a really good day out.