Funny things your PP’s have said....

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
There’s been a few lately that have tickled me.
One PP peeled open a brand new golf ball on the 15th with a challenging water hazard.
he said “ If this goes in, there’s a defibrillator in the large pocket of my bag”.
Had me rolling!
Any you’ve heard that made you chuckle?

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not really funny but there is nothing that annoys me more than watching my drive fly out of bounds and someone turns round and says ‘that’s out of bounds’. Oh really? Thanks for clarifying

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That was so close - one of my PP's today as he hit a driver right, going right, with some right on. Hit numerous trees and he followed it up by hitting a provisional "in case". Not sure what he thought was close. Certainly not to the hole we were on

dronfield

Visit site
I remember a mate phoning up to say he had bought a couple of new rescue clubs, before adding that he now needs his existing clubs to rescue the shots he's hit with em!

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Playing towards the 15th with a house and garden backing onto the left of the fairway, player partner asks "where's that gone" it was answered "in that fellas back garden". It ticked me at the time

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Got a chap who completely innocently says some really unhelpful or quite daft stuff. So when a ball is zooming massively OOB, he'll say, "I think that's gone right a bit." Once he was given a putt in the Winter League and he said, "Are you sure, there's a bit of break in it!"

dronfield

Visit site
I remember shanking a chip once and turning to a PP and saying that i thought those shots had gone from my game - he replied, "no - they sometimes have a holiday, but are always there"!

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
"Did that come down?" - well, probably yes unless the laws of gravity have changed

PP with a fade/slice, Ball smacks tees on the left (regularly) - "That went exactly where I was aiming it!" - makes me laugh every time!

"I'd have had a great score today if they had all dropped" - when ball narrowly misses cup on a few greens.

"Didn't need much more...." PP to me after I duff another chip 1ft. Always makes me smile and diffuses my frustration. It needed a lot more technique and hitting.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What makes me laugh is the sort of instinctive stuff that people can't help but say, every time. Like one of my mates tends to start his drive well right and draw (maybe hook) it back, and every single time it starts right one of the other two lads will go "..come back..." without fail, haha.