Full Swing - Netflix Documentary

evemccc

Visit site
Surprisingly excellent article here IMO about the Netflix golf programme, which I’m looking forward to even more now

https://www.gq.com/story/netflix-golf-series-full-swing

Excellent because the writer shows us just how manipulated these TV programmes are….their debate about how to portray Rory etc. And what is revealed about some executive wanting to use the Troubles to help with their storytelling of Liv Vs PGA?? I have no words..?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
This is a tv show. Surely they will portray LIV as the baddies. Mickelson as darth Vader, Norman as the evil emperor.

Rory will be Luke skywalker with Tiger in the background as Obi wan kenobi.

Dustin Johnson as boba fett. I could do this all day ?

Funny…. And I hate Star Wars and everything that goes with it. Furyk for C3PO…..?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Surprisingly excellent article here IMO about the Netflix golf programme, which I’m looking forward to even more now

https://www.gq.com/story/netflix-golf-series-full-swing

Excellent because the writer shows us just how manipulated these TV programmes are….their debate about how to portray Rory etc. And what is revealed about some executive wanting to use the Troubles to help with their storytelling of Liv Vs PGA?? I have no words..?

Great article, although this story made me wonder how big the betting on the LIV private jets must get:

The goal was offsetting those humanizing humdrum moments with ones unique to the world of professional golf. One clip that Mumm showed me—sure to light up Golf Twitter when it airs—captures the stars Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth on a private jet. They pass the time by playing a card game: guessing the card drawn from a deck. As if to underscore both the competitive intensity inherent to pro golfers, along with the spoils derived from enduring such intensity, the two are shown betting a thousand dollars on each draw.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Great article, although this story made me wonder how big the betting on the LIV private jets must get:

The goal was offsetting those humanizing humdrum moments with ones unique to the world of professional golf. One clip that Mumm showed me—sure to light up Golf Twitter when it airs—captures the stars Justin Thomas and Jordan Spieth on a private jet. They pass the time by playing a card game: guessing the card drawn from a deck. As if to underscore both the competitive intensity inherent to pro golfers, along with the spoils derived from enduring such intensity, the two are shown betting a thousand dollars on each draw.

Well, gambling is illegal in Saudi, and as it seems the PGAT are claiming that the Saudis are running LIV, I'd imagine they don't tolerate any kind of gambling on their aeroplane, or drinking....;)

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Seems like Netflix have allowed publishers etc. early access to the full series - I've read a few articles on it already!

Very excited for it!

Just watched the trailer for this, looks a bit too macho for me.

From what Rick Shiels has said, each episode focus's on one or two pros at a time - you could always give it a go and switch to a less macho guy... Finau's story is apparently great!

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I wonder if it'll pick up the hypocrisy of the pga tour loyal betting 1k a card, against the money hungry LIV traitors!

Or Rorys clear exit from the euro tour for wholly altruistic support of the US pga.

Ive got a feeling it might be a bit more shallow than I'd hoped!

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Keegan Bradley: "I'm going to try everything I can to get on that team"

Plays some great golf and gets a win...

Camera cuts to:

Zach Johnson eating his tea with JT, Spieth and Rickie.

Poor guy was never getting picked.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Keegan Bradley: "I'm going to try everything I can to get on that team"

Plays some great golf and gets a win...

Camera cuts to:

Zach Johnson eating his tea with JT, Spieth and Rickie.

Poor guy was never getting picked.

Thought Rory came across very bitter and poor in the first two episodes.. but then when brooks won he showed his class

Some of the media people who talk on it should stick to blogs tho, love how the know what the players think more than the players do!

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thought Rory came across very bitter and poor in the first two episodes.. but then when brooks won he showed his class

Some of the media people who talk on it should stick to blogs tho, love how the know what the players think more than the players do!

I just think Rory has been classy throughout personally, but I'm a proper fanboy so you're probably right.

Can tell it's an American production, trying to make out the Fitzpatrick brothers were rivals, when they just seem like a couple of normal English lads.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice to get to know wyndome Clarke

Plus Joel again is a diamond
I don’t think Joel came across well at all in his episode. The support network around him, and he has zero interest. Pretty much always had a drink in hand, his wife saying he was drinking a lot more.
Maybe the last couple of minutes saved him a touch, but even then…not sure.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t think Joel came across well at all in his episode. The support network around him, and he has zero interest. Pretty much always had a drink in hand, his wife saying he was drinking a lot more.
Maybe the last couple of minutes saved him a touch, but even then…not sure.

Thought it was a very powerful episode, the tails of the 2 guys battling issues and how one accepted help and one didn't at first

Classic depression and good of him to accept it in the end

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm after watching 5 episodes, enjoyable enough. Think it's better than the last series.
I enjoyed the Tom Kim one as I didn't know much about him. 11 million in career earnings at 20 years old is some going.
I know a lot of people find Matt Fitzpatrick a bit boring but I really enjoyed that episode, I just think they are a very ordinary family who have no real egos given what they have achieved. I fully expect Alex to be a World top 50 player.
A player I've really warmed to is Speith, I enjoy the subtle wit and humour he has. He reminds me of the type of guys in school who'd be always messing and landing others in it but never getting into trouble themselves