Full Swing - Netflix Documentary

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm after watching 5 episodes, enjoyable enough. Think it's better than the last series.
I enjoyed the Tom Kim one as I didn't know much about him. 11 million in career earnings at 20 years old is some going.
I know a lot of people find Matt Fitzpatrick a bit boring but I really enjoyed that episode, I just think they are a very ordinary family who have no real egos given what they have achieved. I fully expect Alex to be a World top 50 player.
A player I've really warmed to is Speith, I enjoy the subtle wit and humour he has. He reminds me of the type of guys in school who'd be always messing and landing others in it but never getting into trouble themselves

Spieth seems a good guy. JT seems a bit of a door handle compared

Rickie was top class.

Kim my Mrs declared is her fav golfer now (she isn't into golf) she said he just looks like he having a good time

OntheteeGavin

Visit site
Well, gambling is illegal in Saudi, and as it seems the PGAT are claiming that the Saudis are running LIV, I'd imagine they don't tolerate any kind of gambling on their aeroplane, or drinking....;)
Obsessed.

Who owns the best racehorses?? Arabs. I was in Oman 2001, 1 night stay in a hotel after a few months in the desert. The Oman males came to the hotel in traditional gear, got changed into western clothes, drank alcohol & watched eastern European belly dancers all night.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Watching the Ryder cup episode here, with these camera angles you really understand how badly Joe LaCava behaved when Rory was lining up that putt.
Highlight was Lowry calling him 'a prick'. Not sure if that's used in the UK but it's a favourite term of abuse here in Ireland

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Only two episodes in so far but I really want to see this stuff 2-3 weeks after its filmed rather than a year later (especially given how much has changed in that time)

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
An interesting aside in the Ryder Cup episode is that you do get a good look around the kitchen Zack Johnson bought his wife after he won the British. Its nice.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I started watching it, got to that clown Jake Paul or whatever his name is interviewing The head job, and the dropped a few f bombs. My 11 yr old son was in the room as was the wife .. she said turn it off ( we all know the f-bomb it’s not exactly a secret) . So I turned it off to watch it another time when the two delicate people were doing something else ( must look activities for wife and kid to get access to my TV) . Now Netflix keeps coming back with an error …🤬🤬, I may ask them if they would like an error in my monthly subscription.
Suffice to say I have seen 15minutes of the series but watched endless Kirsty and Phil, forensic science, pottery throw down, bake off, Star Wars animation series, spider man … YouTube minecraft (with cackling man boys)

And yes this makes me grumpy and I cannot wait for longer dry days where I can say I am off to the course

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m not sure if I’m a fan of the new format. It seems like the same events in the first batch of episodes are just covered from different players views. Like the attitude of a few such as Ricky, Alex Fitz and Tom Kim

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched on the iPad episodes 1&2.
Held it really close for that big tv experience.
I think irrespective of what LIV is funded by or who, Paula G said the real reason. That actually it’s about getting your life back and not living out of a bag, missing moments.
Having done a major sports circuit for 15yrs I completely sympathise. I missed my brother getting married, I didn’t meet my nephews straight away a few relatives passed away. Everyone thinks ah you can step off but the truth is you cannot especially the players .. everyone also thinks that every event is special, and that’s the media hype.
Truth be known it’s the same old stuff just a different year and your older .. all the tour is doing is making a select few very rich, and they don’t have to do anything.. LIV will die if it adds events, there comes a time when too many makes something less special.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m on the fence with S2, it’s very very schmaltzy at times, almost Britains Got Talent esque with the sad
music in the background. Watched episode 6 last night, kind of annoyed me, a full episode just about JT trying to get in the Ryder Cup team and the dynamic with that cliquey group was an eye opener.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I’m on the fence with S2, it’s very very schmaltzy at times, almost Britains Got Talent esque with the sad
music in the background. Watched episode 6 last night, kind of annoyed me, a full episode just about JT trying to get in the Ryder Cup team and the dynamic with that cliquey group was an eye opener.

I kinda think we're seeing very little output for the amount of footage they must've shot. Surely half a dozen short programmes can't be all that was worth broadcasting from last season

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I kinda think we're seeing very little output for the amount of footage they must've shot. Surely half a dozen short programmes can't be all that was worth broadcasting from last season

A friend said similar last night, they must have filmed multiple golfers throughout the season and have hours of footage.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Finished it last night. I did really enjoy it and the Ryder cup double bill got the blood pumping!

However, the way each episode focuses on a couple of players, shows their season…and then the next episode is another couple of players showing their season…you’re seeing the same tournaments in each episode, which seems a bit weird to me.

I haven’t watched any of the other sports docs like drive to survive so I’m not sure how they do it. But you’d think it would make sense for each episode to have bits of all their features players and show the season in chronological order? Maybe that’s because we know how the season went so it seems weird to us, I don’t know.

But still, like I say, enjoyed it and hope they continue doing them.