Fridays foresomes........

• Thread starter Deleted member 1147
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1147

Just wanted to thank those who gave me advice and support for my foresomes match on friday evening and to let you know how we went on.

Unfortunately we lost 3&2.

But, I played really well and didn't hit any shots fat this week. My partner however, had a bad back and could barely bend over to putt and played the worst I've ever seen him play which was unfortunate.

Also I couldn't hole a single putt - 1 5 footer was my longest - but the ball was running true, as the line on the ProV kept running over the top of the ball.

What annoyed me though was that our opponants had a buggy which meant it was a very impersonal game.

We also noticed after a few holes that they had the SatNav turned on in the buggy giving them an unfair advantage IMHO. :mad:

At your clubs are buggies allowed in comp's and is SatNav allowed aswell?

In my opinion neither should be!

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Many a debate about ride on carts at my club but they’re allowed in cops.

Sat nav, as far as I’m aware they are okay to use also.

Personally when I play with people in a buggy I intentionally play slower. Not to annoy them in the buggy, and if it does hard lines, but to keep the general pace with the rest of the field. When you use a buggy you invariably wait at each tee so I try to address that by taking my time.

Could you not postpone your game considering you partners situation?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought Sat Navs were supposed to be off for comps, hence the facility on the Powerkaddy. Could be a local rule though.
You should find out for next time as I would think it too late for this.

D

Deleted member 1147

TOMO21 - Unfortunately our game had to be played by sunday and we were all busy on the weekend.

I don't mind the losing too much I just feel sorry for my partner as he's played really well lately and we reckon we would have won if he was fit.

But that's life isn't it? I kept giving him a (mock) hard time though as he moaned so much forgetting that I've had a bad back for two years now.

I'm having tests to see if its the same condition Woosie has - causes fusing of the lower spine!

D

Deleted member 1147

Viscount - I will find out from our pro soon to see what the local rules are. Wish we'd found out sooner about the SatNav so we could have asked the assistant at the turn.

We only found out as they let me know I'd hit a 290yd drive on a par5 (setting up our eagle chance) and that my partner had 210 to the pin which somehow he managed despite the pain!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Satnavs are definitely only allowed by local rule. I know this because I was making enquiries at my club when I was considering one and they are certainly not allowed in comps.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sat Navs are allowed in our club and in the weekly competitions however they are not allowed in the Inter-Club competitons.

Tough luck Gill-given your partners handicap you both fought the good fight and to only lose 3&2 was a fine achievement.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bad luck, Gill. sounds like a great effort in the circumstances. I agree buggies change the whole feel of golf - and as for that satnav - a bit of a cheek!

AliB