Friday 18th December - A round in London area

compton77

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm using up a couple of days holiday so that i don't lose it on Friday this week / Monday of next and was hoping to get out for a round, anyone fancy it? I'm pretty flexible location-wise.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Im free and up for it. Play at Leatherhead - more than welcome to join me for a round but the back 9 is all on mats due to new tees being built.

Have no transport on that day so getting anywhere else will be a problem but there are two other courses we can play nea me: - Tyrells Wood, its quite expensive but suppose to be very good and I would like to play it. Or the Pachesham, its very short, 9 holes and crap.

compton77

Medal Winner
Visit site
Leatherhead is fine for me, only about an hour or so away on the train. Just had a quick look at the Tyrell Woods website, do you think that the higher green fee would mean no temporary greens and proper tees, if so that could be an option as well..

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ill call them tomrrow mate and ask about prices and how its holding up in the crap weather. Will PM you tomorrow with what they say.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Sorry mate I'm working on Friday. The course itself is holding up well. No temps, or mats and no hedgehogs yet. A bit wet underfoot but no standing or casual water. BTW the pack is on its way to you

compton77

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ok nice one, just wondering do you have a driving range at Leatherhead?? Been looking at the website and there is a practise area so i'm assuming so? If that's the case maybe that would be best for me as due to work and christmas drink ups it's been just under two weeks since i've hit a ball..

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes there is a range, however, you need to pick up your balls after you have hit them - the club does not provide balls. Will also call my club tomorrow and see what time we could play.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If you phone Tyrells Wood, ask to speak to the pro, Rob Humphrey.
Really nice guy and he was doing us a special offer during the Summer of cheaper green fee's....half price (about £21.00 or thereabouts).
It's a really good course, and having played it a few times I reckon it would hold up to the crap weather we've had lately really well.
I'm off on Friday and would have loved to have joined you but won't for two reasons....

a) It's going to be chuffing freezing.
b) I've got a stinking cold

Have fun

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just called them mate. Have PM'd you with the info.

Homer - sure your not coming down with a cold?

Smiffy - Your turning into an old man!, could do with wining some money before christmas, sure you dont fancy it?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Smiffy - Your turning into an old man!, could do with wining some money before christmas, sure you dont fancy it?

I'd love to be there for the banter.
But I'll agree that I'm turning into an old man and will most probably spend the day tucked up in the warm playing Forza 3 on the 360... ;) ;)

Have fun

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I know but im Welsh, im use to it. With a good second skin base layer polo shirt and a lined jumper combined with long rugby socks pulled up ill be fine. As for Compton77, I dont know?

You fancy it? Only a few hours drive to stand in a feild in the freezing cold hitting a little white ball around - sounds geat dont it!

D

Deleted member 1418

Unfortunately have my work Christmas meal (and more importantly drinks!) on Friday otherwise I would've been up for a game.

Everyone still keen on the 7th January (weather permitting)? Hope so as I have 6 new Callaways to lose!!

Have fun!

compton77

Medal Winner
Visit site
Pieman - yeah i have the 7th still booked in. I'm going to try one of each of those Callaway's tomorrow and save the rest for the 7th. Bet they feel like rocks....