Frequent flyers golf

Deano89

Visit site
Hello everyone.

Do you like to play golf on your stopovers? Where are you favourite destinations/courses to play on? Do you carry your clubs with you or rent them each time from the courses?

I'm a keen golfer and travel alot and I'd love to play more on my stopovers however I can't carry clubs with me. So with transport, renting equipment and greens fees it can be pretty expensive. Looking for ideas on where to play. I fly to many of the major airports all over the world.

Really appreciate any input.

Regards, Deano.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Stopovers? Infers working/connecting flights..... If you are working and can't take clubs etc, any game of golf is a bonus so you end up taking the cost of renting clubs on the chin.

I usually get colleagues to recommend local places, some lend you clubs and otherwise Goggle tells me the rest!

Somehow you use of language in a first posting makes me feel you're about to reply with a recommendation of some sort! :sneaky:

D

Deleted member 25172

Perhaps just my misconception, but a job that takes you all over the world on a frequent basis, I would’ve thought was a fairly well paid job, so the 25-35 (???) cost to rent a set of clubs wouldn’t be that much of a problem.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perhaps just my misconception, but a job that takes you all over the world on a frequent basis, I would’ve thought was a fairly well paid job, so the 25-35 (???) cost to rent a set of clubs wouldn’t be that much of a problem.
That's a big assumption to make and not necessarily the case. It should be the case, for discomfort and time away from home, but not always.

World travel for work can be pretty relentless and draining, I don't envy anyone who has to do it regularly and if the OP can get some golf in to have some fun during a trip then good on them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 25172

That's a big assumption to make and not necessarily the case. It should be the case, for discomfort and time away from home, but not always.

World travel for work can be pretty relentless and draining, I don't envy anyone who has to do it regularly and if the OP can get some golf in to have some fun during a trip then good on them.

Why I wrote it’s perhaps a misconception of mine to assume such thing. :)

I’d hate to travel the world to work, so don’t envy it at all (unless that would be to play golf, but that’s not gonna happen).

Perhaps “representation” can be an option for OP to keep the costs down. :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Indeed - he could be an air steward.