Free stuff that costs loads

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm changing the header unit in my car. I've had it 7 years, and it's pretty basic. I have the opportunity to upgrade, to a 7 inch touch screen with android auto, so I am.

I went to auto audio to get a quote for fitting it. Individually the prices are all very reasonable, but the total bill, wow. It's just fitting a stereo, but, wow.

I need a new centre console trim, which needs 6 coats of paint, a fitting kit, 3 hours labour, a dab aerial, a steering wheel control kit, a phone holder, etc.

They also do interior retrimming so I am also getting the cracked and worn bits on my drivers seat replaced. My car is 10 years old, and this work will tidy it up nicely. I think they will do a brilliant job, I just need to not blink when I get the bill.

As an aside, in their work shop today were:
3 rolls Royce (2 new)
2 land-rover
2 range rover both new
2 jeeps
1 Delorean
1 fiat topolino
2 ferrari
2 classic Mercedes
1 lamborghini miura in orange.

The lamborghini is 1.5 million quids worth.

There were others too, but those are the ones I remember. I think my 10 year old junker will be ok there.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Nope, it's all there. Fascinating place to visit, and it's only costing me a grand.

To be fair, I want it done properly, and the labour charge isn't that heavy.

They do some lovely work on some properly expensive cars though.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't know if they have other branches but the Park Royal unit always has some very 'serious' cars inside...

When my lad was in the motor trade [based nearby] they subbed a fair bit of work there and it was always of a very high standard...