Foursome Query

MACM85

Visit site
Just a quick query in regards to rules of when a ball is deemed unplayable and a drop taken.

Playing partner 1 hits ball in the rubbish. Ball unplayable and penalty called. Does player 2 take the next shot then playing 3 and just play the hole our of sync on the shots etc?

I know if it is from the tee then the other partner plays the third and alternate from there. I am presuming it is the same for unplayable ball but couldn't see an exact ruling

Thanks

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a quick query in regards to rules of when a ball is deemed unplayable and a drop taken.

Playing partner 1 hits ball in the rubbish. Ball unplayable and penalty called. Does player 2 take the next shot then playing 3 and just play the hole our of sync on the shots etc?

I know if it is from the tee then the other partner plays the third and alternate from there. I am presuming it is the same for unplayable ball but couldn't see an exact ruling

Thanks
They're not really out of sync. They are playing alternate shots, that is alternate strokes made at the ball. Penalty strokes don't count in that.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For reference (from backswoodsman's post)
Any penalty strokes for the side do not affect the partners’ alternating order of play.

MACM85

Visit site
It's in the Rules under the heading called....errrm....Foursomes.

I didn't actually look up the rules. My Mrs had a look and couldn't find it. Hence why I asked here.

I appreciate those who clarified the rule. As for the other pedantic comments. It wouldn't be a forum without them!