Forum meets 2021

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When we're in a bit of a better place I'm happy to arrange a small northern meet up... was a thread around xmas time on the same topic. I play at Seaton Carew, so that could be the venue if anyone's interested? Don't know if anyone else 'up north' would be interested in putting something on alongside so we could have two consecutive days at different locations?
I'd say an Open at Cleveland on the Sunday...... there's one in Aug.... then Mon at Seaton as weekend golf there has gone up.... in fact they've hiked it up in all areas to get money for course improvements

Zig

Visit site
I'd say an Open at Cleveland on the Sunday...... there's one in Aug.... then Mon at Seaton as weekend golf there has gone up.... in fact they've hiked it up in all areas to get money for course improvements
There are still places on some of the days in Seaton's Open Week... great value, and able to then play something either side? Haven't played Cleveland for a while... Ganton or a Goswick twilight would be good, deals to be had at places like Rockcliffe too if you're prepared to tee off outside the busy times.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are still places on some of the days in Seaton's Open Week... great value, and able to then play something either side? Haven't played Cleveland for a while... Ganton or a Goswick twilight would be good, deals to be had at places like Rockcliffe too if you're prepared to tee off outside the busy times.

Up to 2020 I've been a Country Member for some 5 or 6 years playing the midweek Sweep, so am very familiar with everything there. The increase in 2020 from £310 to £370 put me off which has worked out well due to Covid.
Yes Festival week starting Sun 8th Aug & is excellent value at £25 a man (5 years ago was £12.50 haha) as Zig says there are lots of times especially from 1.30 on the Friday for B/Ball.:oops:
I see that Rockcliffe offers £35 midweek Twilight & Weekend for £40... so that would be an option.
Goswick & Ganton are probs a good 2hrs away so not sure they're on really though the latter is at least further south through also fairly east.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Grizzly

Visit site
Folk will travel wherever for the right course
I think this is the point - for example, the dual meet in October at Camberly Heath and Blackmoor - its a devil of a job to get between them on the train, but they're courses that just have to be ticked off the list!

D

Deleted member 25172

I think this is the point - for example, the dual meet in October at Camberly Heath and Blackmoor - its a devil of a job to get between them on the train, but they're courses that just have to be ticked off the list!

If you're going then I'm certain you'll find a lift between the courses. I don't have a car myself, and having been to a few meets myself by now, there's always been helpful people to catch a lift with.

The Lion

Visit site
if you look in the arrange a Game section I think there are two looking for a third, post up there quoting or tagging them & one of you should be able to book a time. (y)

Great thanks, I’ll check it out. Would be nice if we could get a small group together; I’d like to meet some of you!
If you're going then I'm certain you'll find a lift between the courses. I don't have a car myself, and having been to a few meets myself by now, there's always been helpful people to catch a lift with.

Which dates and how much is the Camberley/Blackmoor trip please?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Upon checking the numbers again, my initial £800 was a little bit optimistic I believe.

Putting together a hypothetical itinerary for June this year (that WON'T happen) gives the following:

Dates:
Monday 14th June - Thursday 17th June
Flights from Heathrow: BA Flight to/from Oslo - £160 (I think golfbag is included with BA, but not 100% sure)
Domestic flights Oslo - Narvik - £180 + £35 each way for golfbag
Cost flights: £410

Cost for rental car to be calculated based on 4 people
Rental car: Volkswagen Touran - £630/4 = £160
Gas: £100/4 = £25 (200 km to Lofoten one way)

Lofoten links package (3x3 offer)
3 nights accommodation, breakfast and 3 rounds of golf - £350

Total cost: £945

Leaves all the extras. Food, drinks, souvenirs etc. FYI, a can of beer is around £3 in the super market it seem.
The lodges have kitchens so could do all cooking instead of burning holes in the pocket by going to the local restaurant.

But say £1500 all in all. That is a fair chunk of dosh, and this will probably be the toughest one yet to "sell" to the gf...

I've just booked for mid September this year. Still warm enough for golf (apparently), and northern lights at night :eek:o_O

£400 per person, Gatwick to Harstad/Narvik via Bergen out/ Oslo return with Norwegian Air, including clubs on all flights.
£350 per person for 3 nights in the Lofoten Lodges and 3 rounds of golf (1 full GF, 1 half price GF, one free GF).

Need to sort car hire too, but will do that later. Think I just nearly wet myself with excitement.....

Last edited:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I've just booked for mid September this year. Still warm enough for golf (apparently), and northern lights at night :eek:o_O

£400 per person, Gatwick to Harstad/Narvik via Bergen out/ Oslo return with Norwegian Air, including clubs on all flights.
£350 per person for 3 nights in the Lofoten Lodges and 3 rounds of golf (1 full GF, 1 half price GF, one free GF).

Need to sort car hire too, but will do that later. Think I just nearly wet myself with excitement.....

Ooooooh..sounds good

D

Deleted member 25172

Wow! Take plenty of pictures and let’s pray the weather behaves when you’re up there! Are you booking a car from Narvik or how are you getting from there? If I remember correctly, the course is a good 3 hours or so from the airport?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Wow! Take plenty of pictures and let’s pray the weather behaves when you’re up there! Are you booking a car from Narvik or how are you getting from there? If I remember correctly, the course is a good 3 hours or so from the airport?

Gonna stay local in Narvik the first night. Rent a car and drive down next morning for afternoon golf. Stay, play, stay, play, stay, drive, fly.

D

Deleted member 17920

Very nice, not jealous much.

Will be looking to do the same trip in roughly two years time.