Forum golf day

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's possible.
I have to attend a wedding the following weekend (though have permission (sort of) to miss it if our society European match occurs that weekend - god knows what that's going to cost me!)

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Will have to give it a miss.

After becoming a dad for the first time four weeks ago I have used up all my holidays for the year. If only this posted a couple of weeks ago i could have gone back to work early and saved a couple of days.

I have forgotten where my clubs are and how to play the game in the last four weeks anyway!!

HartleyHare

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i would have loved to come down but i'm away on me hols that week....
maybe next time, as for the issue of location i know you will never be able to keep everybody happy but switching it around to different locations might be an idea (don't know if you already do this), up north(ish) one time and further down south(ish) the next.
i'm near Manchester myself so unless it's reet down south i wouldn't struggle too much either way...

just my 2 bob.......

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sounds just great. Would dearly love to come but afraid work (start of uni term) and some other commitments might get in the way.

Mike - can you do a new thread when details are decided? Easier to pick up that way as I'm not logging in as much at the mo - ta.

As for Andy and the Scottish lament, seem to remember you guys have already benefited from at least one forum day of your own! ;)

AliB

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ali we are having another one on the 22nd of August down at The Glen in North Berwick. I am not adverse to driving to play golf but I think if we are having a UK forum day then the location should be accessible to all.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I am not adverse to driving to play golf but I think if we are having a UK forum day then the location should be accessible to all.

If by accessible you mean less than a 4 hour drive, I don't think such a place exists! (Anywhere in Yorkshire 4 hours for me, lots more from Devon or Cornwall).

Hopefully they'll find a location that catches as many as possible.

enjoy North Berwick!
AliB

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Central to Britain or England? Would be interested if not central to england as this would no doubt be a 4 hr drive for me!
I hope Mike's post was a typo of the usual Britain/England type.

there are a few from Scotland on here, so presumably a central location would indeed be up around Manchester area?

Centre of England - Leamington Spa - well I work there so fine for me

:D

Centre of Britain - apparently Dunsop Bridge in Lancashire, as I live in Warrington, that's just up the road too.

So in conclusion, who cares, I'm alright jack :p

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well I for one wouldn't mind the drive up to the home of golf (Scotland), if the choice of course was good enough, if that kept our Celtic bretherin happy. However, being born in the Northeast "I'm English when I choose & Scottish at heart" (not an exact quote btw), as the saying goes, about the Northumbrians..lol

I'm not too botherd where the meet is, anywhere from Leeds to Northamptonshire seems logical off amain M'way seems logical if its to be in the main part of the country.

Apparently Farthingstone in Northamptonshire does some pretty good deals.

Theres also one or two courses upin County Durham that I wouldn't mind playing given the oppertunity..

There again the suggestion of the Wirral isn't a bad one imo either.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
lol...good call.. would like to play there. But do they do accomodation ?

There again I rather fancy playing Greetham Valley, Fathingstone, Belmont Lodge nr Hereford, to name but a few This list can go on quite a long way & also mention one or two great places I've also enjoyed.

Whats Hollins Hall like ?