Forum golf day

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
Hi all

Further to all the posts I am on the case trying to set up a golf day.

I will fill you in with more details as and when I have them

To make it as accessible aqs possible for the greatest number of or forumers I am looking at central England location. I also want it to have a hotel so there will be the option to stay overnight (at what i would hope would be a special GM rate)

Dates wise I am looking at the entire week beginning September 29. I do realise that this wont suit everyone but I have had to factor in existing commitments for the GM team and our production schedule as we would like to get as involved as possible in the organisation of and participation in the day

Fingers crossed we get this off the ground!

Thanks

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Absolute star, Thanks mike!

You won't be short of volunteers for a helping hand so once its rolling just let us all know how we can help.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is great news.

Central location, hotel on site, Greetham Valley sounds ideal and is only a few yards from my front door.

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Oh no!!! I fly out to Cyprus on the 30th, hope it all goes well and you get a good turnout.

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi,

look forward to hearing about the details, thanks for trying to set something up.

Cheers

Midnight...

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thats great! I could well be interested as well as I am at the Belfry on the 28th September watching the British Masters, so could move on from there to the venue via an overnight stay somewhere- although I am yet to check for prior commitments.

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Awesome!!!!

I don't really mind where I travel but then again i'm fairly central.

I would also be happy to get involved in the organisation

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think it will be central to britain, which would probably be about the Wirral/ liverpool area.

See you all in my back yard then :D

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
It says in Mikes post central to England. So looking around the Midlands area.

If this is the case then it would alienate most of us North of the border.

Just my
2p.jpg
worth.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, if it ends up anywhere near me I may be able to put up a couple of forumers who are travelling from further afield.

DCB

Visit site
Not that long a trip 4 - 4.5 hrs to Ashby via m6 & Stoke on Trent from Edinburgh.

Just depends on venue chosen.

May well be interested.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not that long a trip 4 - 4.5 hrs to Ashby via m6 & Stoke on Trent from Edinburgh.

So we have to leave home at 04:00 to get to the course for 09:00 in time for breakfast then hop onto the 1st tee at 10:30?

The fact is that some guys will need to get overnight accomodation and that is going to cost about £70 a night. I am up for it if I can get there at a reasonable time and have a game of golf with fellow rumers without spending £150.