Formula 1 is NOT a sport it is currupt !!!!!!!

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Saying that two on slicks both had a lap time of 1:44 would carry more weight if they were not in the same team.

However i still don't think there was anything underhand. As someone who has been to a few Grand prix at silverstone i have seen just how much slower you can be on the wrong tyres. I remember DC in a Mclaren comming round the first corner when everybody else went in, i swear Steptoe & Son's horse and cart would have gone quicker.

The fact that we are all discussing it either way shows how corrupt we believe F1 has been down the years. I also wonder how many Hamilton fans here who say that nothing was wrong would say the same if a Toro Rosso car had slowed and Massa went past it to win the championship

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
Jon
You have your opinions and the clear right to express them but:

People are just so blinded by patriotism or the Hamilton-Mania that they are completely oblivious or simply do not want to believe the obvious.

is nothing short of rudeness

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Medway I believe there are team orders & driver orders, but that's the way the game is played, (unfortunately). But on this occasion I doubt very much what you are saying in this case is what happened. Glock played a gutsy move in trying to stay out on dry tyres & had to do his best on the last to tiptoe around the corners that were suffering the worst effects of the rain. Simple as that, no ulterior motives... dito.

I mean can you imagine a Gerry, letting a Brit through. No-chance & especially as it made & would make no difference to the constructors result. Farrari still had that...

You're seeing shadows mate.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Think of it this way, if glock wanted to help, he would have peeled into the pits on that lap or the previous one leaving hamilton in 4th place allowing him a slip up and let vittel past and still win the championship.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
People are just so blinded by patriotism or the Hamilton-Mania that they are completely oblivious or simply do not want to believe the obvious.

And some people are so up Ferrari's arse that they are devistated even a Brit won it, even to the extend of officials trying to penalise Hamilton so Ferrari win the championship.

Hamilton deserved this Massa didnt, simple as. I am sure if it was Coulthard the Scots wouldnt be talking jibba jabba.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Chubb, happy birthday m8 but this isn't about Hamilton being English nor am I being derogatory to any one English. What grips my 5hiter is that in my opinion something untoward went on and nobody seems to see that there was no reason for Glock to loose 18 seconds without rolling over. I know Toyota don't owe McLaren anything but I think Toyota wanted Mclaren to LOOSE more than they wanted Ferrari to WIN.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
OH NO a British person doing well at something. Better shoot them down in flames then and say they didn;t deserve it. WELL DONE LEWIS

Slaighty, I am glad he won the championship and to date I do not recall saying anything negative about the young guy, not even when he fled to Switzerland with an aeroplane full of cash to avoid the tax man. If he lives there for 5 years he could claim Swiss nationality. How can he expect the British public to support him when he doesn't want anything to do with this country?

So, I go back to my initial point, I think there has been some fixing/cheating going on and I am sure there are thousands who had backed Massa to win that will be feeling conned and cheated too.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
For what its worth, mr hamilton and his lady friend are scouring st johns wood in london for a house (or at least have been a while if you believe the papers)
If I knew Id be making millions, id at least want a few quid to myself and not have it all taken away in taxes before Ive even started making serious money.

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This thread has gone mad. I repeat again (for the last time) if glock/toyota wanted Hamilton to win the championship all they had to do was make Glock pit when everybody else did.

That would have left Hamilton in 4th, Vettel in 5th (with Vettel obviously going to overtake Ham) and Glock 6th much further being.

The fact that Glock took a gamble with the weather, nearly won Massa the title. If they had pitted like everybody else did, he wouldn't have even been in the running.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hamilton deserved this Massa didnt, simple as.

You could argue the other way round. Massa's car has let him down when leading a couple of races when comfortably ahead of Lewis (Lewis has had far better reliability). Also there automatic pit system cost him a race the other week when they let him go early. Noticed it was ditched for the next race.

Looking forward to changes in the points system so race winners are better rewarded. However that is for the future At the end of this season Lewis has the most points and is therefore the champion, end of.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It isn't so long ago they changed the points system so the winner wasn't favoured so much. They really need to make their minds up, because all the messing with the rules is putting me off the whole thing. It is like they decide at the start of the season who they want to win, based on their last two years of competing, and then change the rules to see if they can get the correct winner. This isn't sport, it is politics, and it stinks.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Massa has showed himself to be full of class and a real gentleman.

Have we seen him throwing childish hissy-fits and storming away from circuits, have we seen him baulking other drivers on numerous occassions, No.

Yes hamilton is champion, and it is great for british sport that he has done it. He however has showed little class this season and those in the know, are well aware of that fact.

Oh and I would feel the same if the shoe was on the other foot, I wanted to kick the TV in when barichello virtually stopped to let schumi through.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I stopped watching the BTCC when I couldn't keep up with the rule changes. Haven't watched it for about 10 years, and it used to be like a religion for me.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Such is life fellas. Did you read about that fella who one hundreds of thousands on a bet he made about 5 years ago on Lewis?

He put £350 on 1500-1 that Lewis would be world champ by 23!! he also put loads of other bets on him.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Such is life fellas. Did you read about that fella who one hundreds of thousands on a bet he made about 5 years ago on Lewis?

He put £350 on 1500-1 that Lewis would be world champ by 23!! he also put loads of other bets on him.

Not heard that. Was his name Glock? ;)

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
I think Martins last grid walk for ITV summed it all up quite nicely when he interviewed Berie.

" So how is it that 25 of the last 38 (or whatever)world championships have all come down to the last race of the season. How do you do it?'

Martin is often not shy, but he's never gone this far with Bernie.

As for Glock. We've all seen (I think it was Spa) where the last few laps were done in the wet and some were on grooved and some on inters. Those on inters gained 4, 5 or 6 places in the last lap, against those still on grooved tyres. So it's not unheard of.

As others have said, if Toyota wanted to give the race to Lewis, they'd have pitted. So that rules out Toyota. Glock, throwing it. Can't imagine it. It would ruin his career if it got out.

If Ferrai had supported Massa slightly earlier, which I believe they should have done, then Massa would have easily won the wc.

As good as it is to have a British wc, I still think that Lewis 'choked' in the last part of the race in Brazil. Undoubtedly he is talented, and undoubtedly wc material, however, I think this should have been Massas' year. BTW I am not a Ferrai fan.

Rain for F1 as said by Andy, should be mandatory. Very dull race except for the last 7 laps.