Formula 1 is NOT a sport it is currupt !!!!!!!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry lads if this seems a bit blunt but what I have watched today is nothing short of cheating and I will never watch F1 again. Timo Glock had kept the same pace for 4 laps and then he 'lost' 18 seconds on the last lap. This is nothing short of cheating and I hope there is an investigation into the way Glock bent over the barrel for Hamilton to take him from behind. If this happened in any other sport people would be banned from participating for life. If this had been the other way round and Hamilton had won and Massa had the same 'luck' hHamilton had there would asn uproar. I bet it would even be brought up at PM Q's. If Hamilton had won fair and square I would be delighted but I think this will be brushed under the carpet by the British media desperate for a new messiah.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Glock stayed out with slicks and was sliding everywhere, the clip where hamilton passed him you could see him squirming all over the right side of the track and when lewis crossed the line, glock ws still barely even to be seen. Im glad he won, there was way too many decisions given to aid ferrari, belgium etc.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As much as I wanted Hamilton to win, I felt sorry for Massa and cannot fathom out what happened to Glock.
As he had stayed on dry tyres, they had been watching his sector times very closely over the last 3 or so laps and he was posting good speeds.
A bloody mystery. Did he spin off somewhere (which wasn't picked up by the cameras) or was it a deliberate move by Toyota to gift the championshop to Hamilton?
If it was the latter, then as much as I wanted Hamilton to win, I feel the championship should be handed to Massa retrospectively.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Am not really a massive follower of F1 to be honest and lewis hamilton doesn't really amuse me.

What was amusing though was watching Ferrari's faces as someone told them LIVE that lewis had managed to claw back a place to win the title.

I was going to say that Glock seemed to be all over the place and wondered if he had stayed on slicks, it really hammered down the last lap and lewis was even struggling with intermediates.

Worst thing was though that ITV wouldn't show the replays for us to work it out. Would be interesting to see what Glocks last 2 laps looked like.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
As much as I wanted Hamilton to win, I felt sorry for Massa and cannot fathom out what happened to Glock.
As he had stayed on dry tyres, they had been watching his sector times very closely over the last 3 or so laps and he was posting good speeds.
A bloody mystery. Did he spin off somewhere (which wasn't picked up by the cameras) or was it a deliberate move by Toyota to gift the championshop to Hamilton?
If it was the latter, then as much as I wanted Hamilton to win, I feel the championship should be handed to Massa retrospectively.

Couldn't have put it better......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Glock stayed out with slicks and was sliding everywhere

But he wasn't!! It was said (with two laps to go I think) that Glock was 15 seconds ahead of Hamilton and maintaining the gap. His sector times were bang on.
I just can't fathom out how he lost so much time in a lap and a half.
Please don't get me wrong, I'm chuffed to bits that Lewis has won the championship.
But the cynic in me thinks something isn't quite right

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sorry lads if this seems a bit blunt but what I have watched today is nothing short of cheating and I will never watch F1 again. Timo Glock had kept the same pace for 4 laps and then he 'lost' 18 seconds on the last lap. This is nothing short of cheating and I hope there is an investigation into the way Glock bent over the barrel for Hamilton to take him from behind. If this happened in any other sport people would be banned from participating for life. If this had been the other way round and Hamilton had won and Massa had the same 'luck' hHamilton had there would asn uproar. I bet it would even be brought up at PM Q's. If Hamilton had won fair and square I would be delighted but I think this will be brushed under the carpet by the British media desperate for a new messiah.

IMO you should wait for the post match analysis. I'm sure Glocks last few laps will be analysed and a decision will be made. All radio messages are recorded, so I very very much doubt that there would have been an order to lose two places on the final lap.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Dont be jumping in jon without the indepth review. Glock was on for a good points finish, id say his advertising and next year is a little dependant on how he performed and that will be decided in a boardroom by blokes reviewing numbers.
I am not saying that the sport is 100% clean but what you are saying is accusing and a bit early.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
We will find out in the next few days if Glock was genuinely slow or was struggling to drive whilst thumbing through the contents of a large brown envelope full of used tenners.

But... once again it was a decent race because of the rain. Rain must be made mandatory at these races.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I know from years of watching (and driving on the pc!) that the last long curve is a 16 second flat out corner, if your car is on slicks and the curve is wet you are going to have bother.
Hopefully it'll be analysed and analysed again!! we'll have an answer quicker than who shot JFK

Clansman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think it's a bit of payback for the blunder the stewards made in deductin 25 seconds from Lewis which was totally undeserved. Obviously the FIA want Ferrari to win as they seem to be very biased in Ferrari's favour.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There will always be someone who screams conspiracy & foul play where there is none, just because they don't like the result. Seeing things that are not there at every turn even though in some way we'd like there to be some sort of coruption or sub plot. We've all been guilty of this from time to time.

Sometimes the the romourmongers & scaremongers are right, sometimes those who scream conspiracy may be right, but I really cannot see how Glock did anything other than race as best he could. the guy was still on dry tires after all. he was taking a chance & it almost came off, he almost put a spanner in the works of Hamilton.

The 2008 season was full of wrongdoing, but this was not one of them.

I don't care too much for Hamilton, but will admit its nice to see a Brit finally after all these years stick one on the rest of the world & the youngest driver ever to lift the championship.

Cheers Hamilton, lifting a wee dram to the over cocky young gun

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's right Cernunnos, if Toyota wanted to give Hamilton the championship they would have just pitted with everybody else and been far behind Hamilton and Vettel. The fact that Glock took a chance and gambled almost won Massa the championship.

I think this is shown when you see that Glock and Trulli both ran 1:44 times on the final lap when everybody else on wet tyres ran approx 1:22. Trulli certainly wasn't trying to win anybody a championship?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Toyota is a massive multinational company. How much money would McLaren have to bung them to get them to pull over and let Hamilton win? Toyota could buy McLaren out of the petty cash drawer.

Sorry guys, can't see it.

Not just that, but which driver would do Hamilton a favour? They all hate him.

I think he has won it fair and square. Fantastic drama too.

sandford93

Assistant Pro
Visit site
yes, this is not agree with the last few posts, surely the two dry tyres doing 1.44s is enough evidence to show this, as glock was trying as hard as he could but a quality piece of driving from hamilton won it for him and has done over the whole year ..

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Amazing how the other drivers who stayed on the grooved tyres didnt lose that amount of time.

Glock didnt even make any effort whatsoever to stay on the racing line or even accelerate. He rolled over, its blatant.

Glock = German Mercedes = German, He was told and knew what he had to do.

If you dont believe these things occur then thats up to you, my dad worked in F1 for years and there is lots of jiggery-pokery behind the scenes.

People are just so blinded by patriotism or the Hamilton-Mania that they are completely oblivious or simply do not want to believe the obvious.