Team Farts

Team Whippersnappers

Captains tee shots

A few of the course

And a big up to steve & dave from day 1, a great tussle resulted in a draw

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
Awesome few days guys - great win for us youngsters (coff) - Quick thanks once again to Rob who organised a fantastic few days... take a bow oldman

Thanks to all the youngsters, well played... :whoo:

D

Deleted member 17920

Looking at those pics forest pines looks in very good condition.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
Ruff Driver
Sorry mate you made a mistake, instead of posting a picture of the old farts you have put one up of dads army.

Dont tell em your name smiffy:rofl:

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ruff Driver
Sorry mate you made a mistake, instead of posting a picture of the old farts you have put one up of dads army.

Dont tell em your name smiffy:rofl:

Team colours for next year to match their golf...DRAB :rofl:
2BDFAE5B00000578-3218238-Attention_The_new_Dad_s_Army_cast_L_R_Toby_Jones_Bill_Night_Tom_-m-5_1441107438547.jpg

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looking at those pics forest pines looks in very good condition.

It really was. Considering the amount (and dare I say type) of traffic they get, it was superb.
Not an unusual amount of divots or pitchmarks, and the only thing I'd even start to criticise was that the greens were a little slow and soft but I can forgive that with all the rain we've had lately.

Even though the rough is only a couple of inches deep it was incredibly difficult to play good shots from, very thick and lush.

It was a decent test of golf without being overly punishing.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Could someone do a L-R names please on those pics as quite a few I don't recognise :thup:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It really was. Considering the amount (and dare I say type) of traffic they get, it was superb.
Even though the rough is only a couple of inches deep it was incredibly difficult to play good shots from, very thick and lush.

Spot on Gary. All three courses were in superb condition, especially when you consider how busy they are.
The greens could have done with being a bit "nippier" but they only a smidgen from being "perfect"
I hear what you say about the rough!! It was very deceiving. You thought you had a great lie in it, only to find your club come to a grinding halt and half the distance was knocked off.
Chipping out of it from around the green was a bit nervy to say the least!
Despite the "Beeches" 9 being looked on as the poorer of the 3 9's, I was very impressed with the condition of it, and a few of the holes on there were "stand out" ones, especially the 2nd and 3rd.
I certainly wouldn't mind having two bashes at it next time. It's the one 9 where I think some prior knowledge would come in really handy. I had only played it the once before, and that was a good few years ago, so I couldn't really remember it.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Some dodgy swings from the leading 4-ball :smirk:

First up, James (Just One)

[video=youtube_share;M4aOE5FDQXI]https://youtu.be/M4aOE5FDQXI[/video]

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Second up Stu (Kraxx68)

[video=youtube_share;CqjLnyB_PPU]https://youtu.be/CqjLnyB_PPU[/video]

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Third is Chris (ChrisD)

[video=youtube_share;mo1DwxmFhmo]https://youtu.be/mo1DwxmFhmo[/video]

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'm still playing and editing our illustrious leaders first drive, it will be uploaded soon :smirk:

D

Deleted member 17920

Not an unusual amount of divots or pitchmarks, and the only thing I'd even start to criticise was that the greens were a little slow and soft but I can forgive that with all the rain we've had lately.

Fair play and if Forest Pines got the same amount of rain we had over the weekend its impossible to keep them fast and smooth.

I must get over for a game as its been a few years since I last played it.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Spot on Gary. All three courses were in superb condition, especially when you consider how busy they are.
The greens could have done with being a bit "nippier" but they only a smidgen from being "perfect"
I hear what you say about the rough!! It was very deceiving. You thought you had a great lie in it, only to find your club come to a grinding halt and half the distance was knocked off.
Chipping out of it from around the green was a bit nervy to say the least!
Despite the "Beeches" 9 being looked on as the poorer of the 3 9's, I was very impressed with the condition of it, and a few of the holes on there were "stand out" ones, especially the 2nd and 3rd.
I certainly wouldn't mind having two bashes at it next time. It's the one 9 where I think some prior knowledge would come in really handy. I had only played it the once before, and that was a good few years ago, so I couldn't really remember it.

Agree with that. When we played a couple of weeks ago I thought the Beeches course was as good as the other 2 yet it doesn't get the same praise. The 3rd is a cracking hole and really liked the layout of the 9 holes.

Course was in fantastic condition as you say, we really enjoyed our stay.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Be interested to hear if anyone else struggled guessing what the wind was doing, on the Beeches especially.

There was no rhyme or reason to guessing which way it might be blowing from any previous holes, and it kept changing before we played our shots.

More than a couple of times I hit a shot knowing I had the wrong club, but not wanting to change it again.