Footjoys sizing is massive! How should they fit?

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes I agree mostly .
But quite a lot of people base their size on one shoe maker ( ie I’m a nine in Adidas).
But in reality that could be an 8 in most other shoes.
If you try them on you know .
But most golfers want a bargain online so you need to know your size for starters and if they run small or large.
We really need a standard size between OEMs.
You can't even get a standard size from the same manufacturer, so no chance in seeing that.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have 19 pairs on the go and all are size 8 and their medium fitting which is the same as my normal shoes, trainers etc. Never known FJ to come up overly large. I find makes like Adidas come up small so clearly as with most things no industry standard.

AdamW

Visit site
Have 19 pairs on the go and all are size 8 and their medium fitting which is the same as my normal shoes, trainers etc. Never known FJ to come up overly large. I find makes like Adidas come up small so clearly as with most things no industry standard.

19 pairs of golf shoes??

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I’ve been wearing 8.5 in Footjoy for over 20 years...I went on the reader demo in the Spring the FJ chap measured me as an 8. I wasn’t convinced...he asked if I got bad creasing on the uppers of my shoes... I did... that’s apparently a sign of a shoe being too big. I’ve worn the shoes they gave me all season...no bad creasing on the top.

So..FJ a half uk size bigger.... than average! Everything else I own is 8.5.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I found the same actually! I'm normally a 10.5, but in the Footjoys they were much too big. Tried the 10 and even they were a shade big - they didn't have the 9.5 in the shop though, and I just bought the 10's as they were for winter only and I figured I might have an extra pair of socks on at some point anyway. They are very comfortable though, they haven't felt too big on the course luckily.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’d say Adidas fit 0.5 to a full size smaller than FJ. I had my feat measured which aligns to FJ. My only issue is getting a wide option. I love the arch on Adidas but they tear my heals apart as the heal wears very quickly. I’d love the boa system but getting them in FJ wide is a nightmare. I must admit, every other shoe I’ve tried I’ve gone back to FJ. I’ve yet to try Ecco.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’d say Adidas fit 0.5 to a full size smaller than FJ. I had my feat measured which aligns to FJ. My only issue is getting a wide option. I love the arch on Adidas but they tear my heals apart as the heal wears very quickly. I’d love the boa system but getting them in FJ wide is a nightmare. I must admit, every other shoe I’ve tried I’ve gone back to FJ. I’ve yet to try Ecco.
Adidas have now put leather in the heels to stop the bobbling .
Got my first pair of Ecco couple of weeks ago.
Great shoes can’t see me buying anything else in future.

Found the quality of footjoy has dipped last few years.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Should the space at the end of the shoe from the biggest toe be a thumbs width ? I have just ordered my normal shoe size 9 in Footjoys and I have so much room from the biggest toe to the end of the shoe there is 3 thumb widths! I also ordered an 8 and this is 2 thumb widths.

Are Footjoys known for being longer than normal shoe sizes?

My old FJ sports fitted perfect as a standard 10. Last year I treated myself to some sl pro and I fe they are around 3/4 to a complete size too big.