Footjoys sizing is massive! How should they fit?

AdamW

Visit site
Should the space at the end of the shoe from the biggest toe be a thumbs width ? I have just ordered my normal shoe size 9 in Footjoys and I have so much room from the biggest toe to the end of the shoe there is 3 thumb widths! I also ordered an 8 and this is 2 thumb widths.

Are Footjoys known for being longer than normal shoe sizes?

Last edited:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It really isn't as simple as portrayed.

There are so many different shapes you will get a sizing differential with those - I have 10 pairs of Footjoy shoes currently in use and they vary from 43.5 to 45. The former are an old pair of softs that have a wide flat front - the latter are a narrow, pointed toe, design. In an ideal world I would of course only buy models that suit my foot shape, but we all get drawn into the looks of models from time to time!

All the above is before considering W fittings, or the additional lasts available in the US from Footjoy.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
What did you find uncomfy about them?

Size, fit, leather, last everything is just so uncomfortable as soon as I try them on.

Skechers, Puma, Adidas, UA, all much nicer and so much more comfortable. Guess it's just me feet.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No didn't get measured. Just went off the Adidas size 9s I have which fit perfect and some Asics squash trainers which are also a size 9
I find Adidas very small .
It’s like golf shafts there is no industry standard .
Get your feet measured then decide but try them on first.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Footjoy had (have) a sizing issue in several models. DNA & Hyperflex were about a size too big. My Hyperflex are 8s and my Dryjoy Tours are 9s. Both fit exactly the same.

Not that I have worn them in the last 14 months. Ok maybe once when I was cutting the grass...

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I find Adidas very small .
It’s like golf shafts there is no industry standard .
Get your feet measured then decide but try them on first.
is there really any point in getting your feet measured when they are all different between manufacturers?
I now pretty much know my sizing across the major manufacturers now and having had my feet measured from FJ I can say that I have two different sizings for FJ models and both of those are different from every other manufacturer.

I would agree with trying them on though, or ensuring that the returns policy is watertight.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
is there really any point in getting your feet measured when they are all different between manufacturers?
I now pretty much know my sizing across the major manufacturers now and having had my feet measured from FJ I can say that I have two different sizings for FJ models and both of those are different from every other manufacturer.

I would agree with trying them on though, or ensuring that the returns policy is watertight.
Yes I agree mostly .
But quite a lot of people base their size on one shoe maker ( ie I’m a nine in Adidas).
But in reality that could be an 8 in most other shoes.
If you try them on you know .
But most golfers want a bargain online so you need to know your size for starters and if they run small or large.
We really need a standard size between OEMs.