Footjoy Dryjoy Tour

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Who has any opinions on these? Picked up a pair yesterday for £70 which I thought was a bit of a bargain. Ordered them online, not tried them on or anything, just wondered if anyone has any positive/negative feedback reviews?

Not a great lover of FJ in general as I think their designs are pretty boring.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
About as "traditional" a shoe as you'll find these days.
I always found them heavy.
And they leaked but then all my shoes do so that's nothing unusual...

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
About as "traditional" a shoe as you'll find these days.
I always found them heavy.
And they leaked but then all my shoes do so that's nothing unusual...

Yeah, all shoes will leak. Comfort is key for me. Had FJ previously and they are well made, just a bit boring. Let's see how they fit and feel.

Cheers.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Always found FJ comfy and agree basic designs can be a bit plain hence my penchant for myjoys. Not sure about the FJ quality of build in the last few years but they have a one year warranty so hopefully you'll find them comfy and get some good use from them

dronfield

Visit site
Ive had a few pairs over the years, and always been pleased with them. View them more as a winter shoe, as not the lightest. Well made with a bit of traditional styling.
Agree re the waterproofness - but i have yet to find a shoe that actually is.
The 30th anniversary white/grey model that came out this year looked good.
£70 is a good price for them.

Rich

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My problem with FJ has always been I cannot find a pair to fit. although I have not tried any for some years. The standard width is to narrow and the wide too wide for me.

Mind you the most I have paid for a pair of golf shoes in the past ten plus years is £32.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My problem with FJ has always been I cannot find a pair to fit. although I have not tried any for some years. The standard width is to narrow and the wide too wide for me.

Mind you the most I have paid for a pair of golf shoes in the past ten plus years is £32.

Not sure if anything in it but I went to AG once and they measured my feet for footjoy and apparently my rights an 8 and my lefts a 9 (for footjoy) and they could supply like that etc

However any other shoe I've owned since I was about 14 (including my Nike golf shoes I'm wearing right now) are a 10

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure if anything in it but I went to AG once and they measured my feet for footjoy and apparently my rights an 8 and my lefts a 9 (for footjoy) and they could supply like that etc

However any other shoe I've owned since I was about 14 (including my Nike golf shoes I'm wearing right now) are a 10

My favourite shoe for many years was Hi Tech their wide was a perfect fit for me and a dry as any other shoe I have had. Sadly they no longer make golf shoes.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have 2 pairs of Dry Joy tours ok not worn them for a long time but my first pair (blue croc saddle) were used for two years without leaking or bursting. They are a little heavier than the more modern trainer style but they are, IMO more hard wearing due to that.
Also they were very comfortable out of the box.
I bought a second pair shortly before my accident, just plain black ones, and only wore them twice but they were also comfy.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not this model but my winter shoes are a £60 pair of Footjoy Sport LT and I find them extremely comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to get another pair of FJs next time. Size-wise though, I'm normally a 10 or a 10.5 but I had to go down to 9.5 for these.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

I've worn size 9 for years, all shoes, but realised a couple of years ago that I was doing that to allow for my wide feet. In reality I am somewhere between an 8 and an 8 1/2 if they are shaped to suit my feet. The daft thing is, as adults, we don't have the ability to measure our feet in shops so we go with what we think fits, mainly on the basis of does it hurt, is it loose? We should look more at the shape of the shoe to see if it fits our feet rather than size alone, unless you are lucky enough to have universal feet that can fit any shoe.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I just bought a pair of stuburt sport lite shoes last week for £20 new on eBay, not played in them yet but the feel comfy and grip is great just chipping in the back, I'm done with paying crazy money for shoes that leak after 6 months, on a side not my Nike evolution are still water tight after 2 years, need new studs tho

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I just bought a pair of stuburt sport lite shoes last week for £20 new on eBay, not played in them yet but the feel comfy and grip is great just chipping in the back, I'm done with paying crazy money for shoes that leak after 6 months, on a side not my Nike evolution are still water tight after 2 years, need new studs tho

They're waterproof as you had an inch thick covering of dried in mud on em last time we played.

Impenetrable!!!