Follow up to my "am i right to be dissapointed" thread

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For anyone who hasn't read the thread it was only last week so you will still be able to view it.

Basically I had written to all the big golfing brands asking them for help with the charity day I have arranged to which they all replied with pretty much the same response...

"Unfortunately, it is impossible for us to support all of our requests and I regret to inform you that we are unable to provide you with any product or sponsorship on this occasion. We fully appreciate that your cause is a worthy one, and we wish you all the very best in raising awareness of your campaign."

I think the general feeling on the forum was that they cant help every little charity day like my own and so why should we be dissapointed, fair point.

I still felt the need to reply to all of them with this.....

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your response however I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed.

I understand your organisation already supports charities all year round however if you could give anything as small as ball marker or cap it would set you apart from all the other brands who have replied with the same response as yourself, this in turn would earn mine and I'm sure a few other golfers loyalty once they heard of any donations.

Many Thanks

Well what do you know, I've just had this back from Taylormade..

Dear Mr. Phillips,

Thank you for your reply.

In response, I may be able to locate some golf caps for your event…

If this would help, please can just let me know the best address to send them to?

Kind regards,

Now i feel they deserve a mention for this as all the other Brands have ignored my second email up untill now (which i can understand as they have already explained why they cant help).

Now as i said in the previous thread I dont want to name and shame and I do fully understand how much charitable work all these brands do. For know reason what so ever I've always been a bit of a nike fan, might be tiger i have no idea BUT i think i may just look at the TM gear alot more than I used to.

ricardodaintino

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm chuffed with that response.

Even big companies ( I work for one) that committ to set charitys, can sometimes still help. If you get through to an individual who wants to help rather then a temp or office worker who doesn't give a damn about the brand image and takes the simplest route "No", sometimes they really come through for you.

Taylor made may be fleecing us with their ever evolving clubs every few months, but at least there is a heart in there somewhere!!!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm glad Taylormade have helped you out- it's two great causes you are supporting and I would have been willing to come along and support the day but it's just not possible currently. Anyway I hope you get some more replies from the other manufacturers, they have little reason to not supply you with some sort of cheap accessory, even though to be honest you were never going to get anything expensive off them in the first place.

Anyway well done Taylormade and best of luck with the fundraising.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well it's paid off for them cause I can honestly say I have never looked at or bought any TM gear although I did own a couple of pairs of adidas golf shoes. When it comes to buying gear next and if the criteria fits I'll be buying TM.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Cheers Hywel, Managed to get an extra couplee of tee times out of The Hertfordshire today so we're looking at about 45 golfers on the day.

Any prize donations are more than welcome and will go to making the day a great success.... I think this will be better than the Spoony Classic.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
This is what I said on the first thread

"I work for a company that sells good all round the world and yes we draw a line as well…………..but not at an opportunity that directly involves our product. If I was personally organising a “good cause” golf charity day I would not be disappointed if say JCB said sorry, but I would be disappointed if Taylor Made said sorry."

Funny how things work out. :)

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It is, and for a few quid they've put a big smile on my face and no doubt they've gained future business.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Homer try and get the day off the event is getting bigger by the day.

What do you know, Callaway have just replied saying they will send me some balls and gloves, I already use warbirds so they'll continue to get my loyalty.

This will definitely be better than the spoony classic.

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was slightly worried they would see my reply as me being a bit sh!tty but it seems it has worked.

A big thank you to those on the froum that have helped out, It's much appreciated.

Thanks