Fitting opportunities

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification Mike although to be honest it shouldn't be necessary. The opportunities are awesome and to even be in with a shout is worth the subscription fee alone - oh and a stunning mag too of course!! I honestly love the suspense of waiting for an email and checking and refreshing etc etc and also love hearing about how great a time those that are lucky to be selected have.

:)

This sums it up perfectly IMO, it is great to have the chance to put your name forward and if not selected its good luck to the lucky ones who are. GM towers do a great job with the magazine and social media alone these opportunities are just the icing on the cake.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I must be honest and say that when I first came across these opportunities I was surprised that they are not on offer to subscribers of the magazine in the main. Surely if that is the business then it would be a sensible way to reward subscribers??

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fair play to you for explaining Mike , and many thanks for explaining when you are under no obligation what so ever to do so , there was only one thing in your post that i noticed that didnt sit so well with me , it was

I’ll be upfront here and say we are considering reserving 1 or 2 spaces on future opportunities for GM subscribers to offer a bit of extra value to folk who put their hand in their pocket and pay for the content we produce.

I have never subscribed to the mag , but i have it on order in the local newsagents for years now and haven't missed a copy in years ..

Its most certainly not meant as a criticism i hope you know enough of me to know that , (i apologise if it seems that way) i just want to mention that more than the subscribers contribute regularly and probably pay more to do so ..

For those that dont know , i was extremely lucky to be picked for the Titleist irons fitting , not only was the prize brilliant but the way GM treated us was magnificent , Paul O' Hagan was a pure gent on the day , very professional and even tho we had never met before after 10 mins he made me feel very welcome & relaxed & for that i am very greatful

Many Thanks to all at GM for al the opportunities

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
All good points Mike. Must admit I like it when a regular that contributes to the forum, arranges or at least plays in meets gets rewarded. That seems to be the case for recent opportunities so all is good with me.

Perhaps a reminder that if the clubs don't suit, they could be offered to the forum, or auctioned for H4H.:thup:

mikeb4

Head Pro
Visit site
I have always stressed in my applications despite the distance involved in travelling down South from Scotland it is not a problem,I do hope my location does not go against me for these great opportunities, however not convinced.

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mike,
Appreciate the explanation behind the picks although i didn't feel it necessary. It's obvious to anyone that most big brand names will be based down south as it makes commercial sense, and i agree if you can't be bothered to travel why should you be picked. With regards your methods for choosing, well their 'your methods'. As a previous 'chosen one' ( hybrid fitting 2 yrs ago) i felt it was an honour to get picked and a chance to showcase both GM and the OEM. Keep up the great work.

D

Deleted Member 1156

[*][*]You give the impression in your posts/general forum behavior you’d be hard work to manage on the day. The GM team haven’t got the time to man mark another adult or be worrying that you’ll embarrass GM/The Forum in front of our partners.
[*][*]

That's me out then :confused:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
any other forums about that offer such goodies? Seeing as I am out of them now I may aswell go elsewhere....

Only kidding, I still have little flashback moments from the day and when I pull the R1 out of the bag I still remember the fitting process to get it. I would actually rather keep it in the cupboard as and when I do change, just as a little reminder (plus its TM so worth sod all after about 6 months) :thup:

Keep up the good work GM team :cheers:

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mike, does being a fellow Evertonian get me any brownie points......? :)

Sounds like there's a couple of exciting opurtunities coming up, any timescale as when they will be announced?

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Very illuminating - it seems that the successful applicants are determined on a very equitable basis, always bearing in mind that the company providing the opportunity may have specific requirements that have to be met. I don't think it is unreasonable to request people to bear their own travel/accommodation costs, given the benefits they receive from the opportunity.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have never subscribed to the mag , but i have it on order in the local newsagents for years now and haven't missed a copy in years ..

This is a very valid point, up until recently I just purchased the mag from which ever outlet I was in, never missed a month. I'm lucky enough now to be a subscriber after my other half bought me a subscription for Christmas.

but i'm sure there are many may others who buy the magazine regularly without missing a copy, but do not subscribe, so to be "considering reserving 1 or 2 spaces on future opportunities for GM subscribers to offer a bit of extra value to folk who put their hand in their pocket and pay for the content we produce." is maybe a little harsh to those who buy the mag on a monthly basis without a subscription.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Can I join your step to? Then again I thought I was quite chippy till I saw your posts Phil. But I think it's GMs loss if they don't pick me as I was thinking of coming along dressed up as Whoopi Goldberg, which would have been hilarious;)

We've kept spaces for you, Smiffy and Justone on the step :D

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
"[/I][/B] is maybe a little harsh to those who buy the mag on a monthly basis without a subscription.

In that case you could argue that getting free gifts when you subscribe is harsh to those that don't subscribe? All businesses tend to reward customers who pay up front as opposed to when they actually have the product.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
This is a very valid point, up until recently I just purchased the mag from which ever outlet I was in, never missed a month. I'm lucky enough now to be a subscriber after my other half bought me a subscription for Christmas.

but i'm sure there are many may others who buy the magazine regularly without missing a copy, but do not subscribe, so to be "considering reserving 1 or 2 spaces on future opportunities for GM subscribers to offer a bit of extra value to folk who put their hand in their pocket and pay for the content we produce." is maybe a little harsh to those who buy the mag on a monthly basis without a subscription.

Well with the greatest of respect, might the message be 'subscribe numbnuts' as you get the magazine cheaper, usually some free gift and now a better chance of winning some stuff. ;) After all it is a golf mag, and I'm sure if someone can afford to play this wonderful game of ours they can afford to subscribe, especially if they are buying the thing anyway. They were doing a half price subscription offer last week which made it as cheap as chips.