Fitting confusion

Chopone92

Visit site
Was fitted at one of my local clubs. And the pro recommended I try jpx919 forged irons. Having spent some time researching these clubs I’m not sure if I’m good enough to use them. I’m a 20 h/c. Should I carry on looking or take the plunge

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was fitted at one of my local clubs. And the pro recommended I try jpx919 forged irons. Having spent some time researching these clubs I’m not sure if I’m good enough to use them. I’m a 20 h/c. Should I carry on looking or take the plunge
Always get a second opinion.
But most clubs now do offer a bit of forgiveness so why not.
Did you hit them well?
What were mishits like? This is the biggest thing imo with most clubs.
Nice looking club , but you sound hesitant and that’s not a good thing you need to be sure.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What did he use to back up the decision. Do you have any clubhead data and distances and did you compare against your current clubs. It sounds like you're not 100% convinced so I'd either test them again and get some facts to base a decision on or try different makes and models somewhere else

Chopone92

Visit site
What did he use to back up the decision. Do you have any clubhead data and distances and did you compare against your current clubs. It sounds like you're not 100% convinced so I'd either test them again and get some facts to base a decision on or try different makes and models somewhere else
I’m using the ping karsten atm howeverthey graphite shafts and my swing speed is quite high. I get very inconsistent distance. I hit the jpx quite well and with some slight tweeking think I’ll be ok. Was just looking for a little reassurance

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’m using the ping karsten atm howeverthey graphite shafts and my swing speed is quite high. I get very inconsistent distance. I hit the jpx quite well and with some slight tweeking think I’ll be ok. Was just looking for a little reassurance
I still think a second fitting will help. Go back and try the Mizuno's again and set your mind at rest

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm looking to get new clubs this year and these are on my list. I'm also going to look at Callaway Apex CF19 and Titleist AP3. I may also consider the JPX 919 hot metal.
I've not hit any yet. My current handicap is 16, however with the work I've done I'm confident I will come down a few shots 😉