First post

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Playmoregolf is an excellent idea if you are restricted to time and money, only because in my experience the credits drop quickly should you play at peak times, so a top is required, on the plus side you get a choice of courses,
If you can play 3 or more times a week membership is the best option
It's been a few years since I played the windmill, one or two of our members left to join there but I think it was more political than due to the course. 3 par 3 starts, so your swing needs to on from the off, not overly long or hilly if I remember correctly.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
This BobMac definitely sounds like the go to guy. Best tip for getting rid of early august extension please? Maybe I can knock my lessons on the head now after joining this forum!

In regards to playmoregolf the off peak times suit me best, especially during the summer mid week ones. The course at Windmill looks very short which also sounds attractive seen as I would be looking to get 18 holes in way under 3 hours.

My football season finishes next week so for the next 12 weeks will be a great indication as to how much golf I will actually play this summer. I’ve noticed in the last couple of days alone people are hungry now the footy has winded now.

Really looking forward to seeing where this summer takes me and I have a good feeling that this will be be a big test as to how much I spend next April in regards to membership.

Yet to play Kenilworth, Coventry and Hearsall which are all closest to my area. Has anyone played these courses and if so any feedback of the club/course would be appreciated.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Played Coventry a few times, really nice, quite tight in places, lots of trees
You’ll love it the second time you play it ?

I tried to get on it a couple of weeks back but they weren’t accepting visitors at the time. I’ll try again in a couple of months. Sounds like it’s probably the best set up in Coventry

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Breaking 90 already is spectacular progress! You must be a natural. Fair play! Looks like golf is definitely for you. ??

Thanks, yeah I’ve definitely put in a huge amount of effort over the last 10 weeks to get here but it’s also come at a cost and I don’t just mean financially. The hours I’ve had out the house has really given me the release I’ve needed after being cooped up in ‘lockdown’ for so long.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Coventry Golf club is mint! Loved our event there last year!

Welcome to the forum mate, me and my mates are very similar to you, gone all in on golf since finding it last year. My best advice is find a club to call home, theres nothing like it at all. Im already on the handicap team and being groomed as a future captain by the current one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: