First Competition With New H'cap Today (I'm blaming FM's for any stick I get!)

MarkKipper

Club Champion
Visit site
Bit of background, I'll try not to bore you too much so bear with me....

Never had an official handicap so thought its about time I did so I can play some comps. I had just been away for six weeks and not swung a club, but really wanted to get out and play some competitions. So I signed up and played three rounds to get some marked cards submitted. The three rounds I had were not good! Put it down to not having played for a while and new my game would come back. I put it to the forum members, should I submit these poor cards or wait until I was playing a bit better and get some more realistic cards in. The general concensus was just to stick em in and get playing. Well I did and I got a handicap of 19, which I know I'm better than, but still at least now I can play competetive golf.

Today was the first with my 'official' handicap. 24 on the front with a blob and 21 on the back for a 45 total. Played just about as well as I can to be fair, but I still expect a few bandit remarks next time I'm down the club :D

Well pleased though and look forward to a decent cut. I've no idea how the handicap system works, any idea of how many shots I will knock off?

Thanks for reading,
Mark (one happy camper!)

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great shooting :thup: congrats on a great 1st comp round depending on CSS 9 under you'll be looking at a 2 shot cut although with a new handicap there is room for an adjustment further too I believe.