First car to learn in - Fiat 500?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My wife is on her 3rd Skoda Citigo. Brilliant wee cars. None have ever had any problems apart from the current one needing new disks at 10k miles, probably due to the car having done about 2k miles over the previous 18 months.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hoped to my test in this 1955 Austin A 30 but it broke down before my test.
I had to use my BIL's A35 at the last minute and it seemed ginormous.
But I passed the first time :love:

Attachments

• 2017-08-29 20.19.26.jpg
    2017-08-29 20.19.26.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 8

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's okay, it's just back and forth stuff. A guy I knew wanted to do what you suggested for his son, for his first car. He thought he would be safer in a big car but he was over ruled by his wife. He had a good grumble about it to me once ?
Seen p.enty of people turn up for tests in bigger cars..
One came in Dad's Jag - so big he had to leave the car park first because the other cars couldn't get round him...
One came in a Range Rover, fairly o,d but...
Best one was an Iranian guy who had been on an international licence and had to take a test..
Obviously a fairly well-heeled businessman.....turns up in, literally, a brand new M5 with a couple of hundred miles on the clock...
Examiner loved that one..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One came in Dad's Jag - so big he had to leave the car park first because the other cars couldn't get round him...
Best one was an Iranian guy who had been on an international licence and had to take a test..
Obviously a fairly well-heeled businessman.....turns up in, literally, a brand new M5 with a couple of hundred miles on the clock...
Are you suggesting it may impact the judgment of the examiner ?. I bet their eyes light up ?

greenone

Visit site
There's a video on youtube of somebody in the states doing their test in a Bugatti veyron.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’d be doing some solid research regarding the Fiat 500 safety rating before splurging any cash. If memory serves the later models did not score all that well.