Films

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Beekeeper - enjoyed that, exactly what you'd expect from a Jason Statham movie.
Arrival - have seen it before but worth a revisit
The Bricklayer - action flick. Not bad.
Right Red Hand - good start, flimsy ending.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Kung Fu Panda 4

We are not a 4DX family. Little one took the glasses off and rather watched the movie blurry, I got punched by the chair and nearly chucked of it a couple of times.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I recently found out something interesting about the film Erin Brokovich starring Julia Roberts as Erin Brokovich and Albert Finney as Ed Masry (her boss).

About 10 minutes into the film, Erin Brokovich (Julia Roberts) takes her kids to a diner.
The name of the waitress who takes their order is Julia.
So Erin Brokovich played by Julia Roberts gives her order to Julia the waitress who was actually played by the real Erin Brokovich.

Untitledeb.jpg

To complete the scene, the older guy sat behind Erin was played by the real Ed Masry (her boss)

Untitledem.jpg

:)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now it is on Sky (last visit to a cinema was to watch Jurassic Park or Independence Day)

I watched Oppenheimer.

Lots of bits in there I had no idea about but I was born in the 50s.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Godzilla X Kong. Not sure what to say really. It's obviously tongue in cheek and very daft. Hats off to the actors who have to say some very silly lines and keep a straight face. Godzilla running like a human, presumably a nod to the original 'man in a rubber suit' films is just very funny to see. Harmless fun, a good airplane film.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched

The Lesson (Sky TV) in the early hours this morning

Something different, a nice gentle movie with a few twists and an unexpected ending.

Springveldt

Visit site
Really? It was very well received and gave a different take on how a failing system can cause the "bad people" to exist

Bit too close to home these days with the amount of unstable people failed by the system who go on to doing awful things
Just found it boring and thought the lead actor over egged it, was glad when it finished. Just me though.

Probably also couldn't get past the part that Bruce Wayne was a child yet the Joker was already in his 40's. :LOL:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just found it boring and thought the lead actor over egged it, was glad when it finished. Just me though.

Probably also couldn't get past the part that Bruce Wayne was a child yet the Joker was already in his 40's. :LOL:

Considering In 1989s batman the joker (pre his accident) killed Bruce Wayne's parents it's not that far fetched

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Saw "Commando" (1985 Arnie film) at the cinema this week, as they have showed some classic action flicks at the local Cineworld - hilarious, super cheesy but still good fun.
Didn't see it when it was released, so great to see it on the big screen for the 1st time.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Saw "Commando" (1985 Arnie film) at the cinema this week, as they have showed some classic action flicks at the local Cineworld - hilarious, super cheesy but still good fun.
Didn't see it when it was released, so great to see it on the big screen for the 1st time.

Gotta love a good Arnie film 👌