Films

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Totally Agree, Batfleck was very under rated. I actually like all of the Snyder DC films if you include his cut of Justice League as opposed to the cinema release. You can tell from Batman V Superman that Snyder desperately wanted to make The Dark Knight Returns and I wish he could. Cannot believe nobody has made that, The Killing Joke, Hush or the Long Halloween. Rumours are that the James Gunn DC Films may build up to a version of Kingdom Come and that would be superb.

Would be amazing

I rewatched the justice league synder cut and the extended batman Vs superman

When their not up against marvel and you look back their actually very good movies that stand up well. They just were up against popular movies..

I really enjoyed the nightmare batman at the end of synder cut and boy did leto really shine as the joker in that

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last night I watched

Lift (Netflix). A film a bout a band of thieves doing an 'impossible' job on a plane.

Good enough to keep me watching from start to finish but it does have quite a few plot holes.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Roadhouse, the new one. OMG bad!
The original isn’t actually that good 🫣 but, it has Swayze and Sam Elliot which makes it cooler than hell. Actually it’s not bad at all given when it was made, have watched the original so many times I’ve lost count. Didn’t for one minute think a remake was going to work, certainly not with McGregor in it.

My next fear is the Highlander remake…….😢

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The original isn’t actually that good 🫣 but, it has Swayze and Sam Elliot which makes it cooler than hell. Actually it’s not bad at all given when it was made, have watched the original so many times I’ve lost count. Didn’t for one minute think a remake was going to work, certainly not with McGregor in it.

My next fear is the Highlander remake…….😢

same - have watvched original many times and it is a good moview for its time. With the director of the original Bourne and a strong lead actor it would not have been hard to make a good "new" version, but it sucked - script makes the original look like Oscar material, and no acting or any characters were remotely likeable or good

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would be amazing

I rewatched the justice league synder cut and the extended batman Vs superman

When their not up against marvel and you look back their actually very good movies that stand up well. They just were up against popular movies..

I really enjoyed the nightmare batman at the end of synder cut and boy did leto really shine as the joker in that

Totally agree and apparently all of his good stuff was cut out of Suicide Squad. Would love to see the Ayer cut of that but the studio hacked it to pieces due to the criticism of Batman V Superman being too dark and to compete with the humour of Marvel.

Really not sure how Warner Bros have not worked out that Batman is dark and it does not work when you lighten it up. Surely the non Tim Burton films taught them that.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Totally agree and apparently all of his good stuff was cut out of Suicide Squad. Would love to see the Ayer cut of that but the studio hacked it to pieces due to the criticism of Batman V Superman being too dark and to compete with the humour of Marvel.

Really not sure how Warner Bros have not worked out that Batman is dark and it does not work when you lighten it up. Surely the non Tim Burton films taught them that.

Spot on. It really enjoyed "the batman" because it was a return to dark

I've seen synder cut vs justice league side by side bits and it's ridiculous what they did to it

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spot on. It really enjoyed "the batman" because it was a return to dark

I've seen synder cut vs justice league side by side bits and it's ridiculous what they did to it

It is insane how the butchered it. I even quite liked the black and white version of the Snyder cut. Tried to re-watch it the other day but it seems to have vanished off streaming, can only find the cinema version.

Agree about The Batman, dark, gritty, grounded, not all about the action. Really enjoyed it. Cannot wait for the next one and an pity it has been delayed. Cannot wait to see what Matt Reeves does with The Joker.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Adam West disagrees! 😄