Films

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
65. Sci fi dinosaur survival film with a cast of about 4 😳. Slightly odd film, has a small budget feel to it, despite the large amount of cgi that was used. I wouldn't suggest people should rush out and see it.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
We watched everything everywhere around New Year. It was with the wife and my sister, who's a bit of a film buff.

During it we were looking at each other thinking this is absolute 🐴💩. Godawful film.

Over the years I've come to the conclusion if it wins an Oscar it's not worth seeing. Yes there are the occasional good ones, but they are very few and far between.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
We watched everything everywhere around New Year. It was with the wife and my sister, who's a bit of a film buff.

During it we were looking at each other thinking this is absolute 🐴💩. Godawful film.

Over the years I've come to the conclusion if it wins an Oscar it's not worth seeing. Yes there are the occasional good ones, but they are very few and far between.

I think this is waaaaay off the mark.
I thought the film was brilliant but for me the Oscars this year had an agenda and didn’t want to appear racist like in previous years (not many black and Asian winners). Giving this film lots of Oscars ticked a hell of a lot of boxes.
For me Banshees and AQOTWF were much better movies and I was shocked they didn’t win more awards.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
65. Sci fi dinosaur survival film with a cast of about 4 😳. Slightly odd film, has a small budget feel to it, despite the large amount of cgi that was used. I wouldn't suggest people should rush out and see it.
We thought it was ok tbh - it was quite wierd seeing a film with only 4 real cast members though (and one of them was hardly in it). Nothing groundbreaking but an enjoyable 90 minutes

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We thought it was ok tbh - it was quite wierd seeing a film with only 4 real cast members though (and one of them was hardly in it). Nothing groundbreaking but an enjoyable 90 minutes
I'd have it as a 6/10. All very well done, top CGI so no hiding the budget, but almost a B movie feel (probably down to the small cast). Plenty of jumpy moments, I'm easily lifted off my seat :LOL:. Perhaps a few more characters to flesh it out a bit?

It does confirm my view, I would not want to live in a world of dinosaurs o_O

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I think this is waaaaay off the mark.
I thought the film was brilliant but for me the Oscars this year had an agenda and didn’t want to appear racist like in previous years (not many black and Asian winners). Giving this film lots of Oscars ticked a hell of a lot of boxes.
For me Banshees and AQOTWF were much better movies and I was shocked they didn’t win more awards.

I really didn't like banshees either and not seen AQOTWF.
I really wanted to like Everything everywhere but it just didn't do it for me. Too chaotic and not focussed enough.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't think about it that way. It probably would have been a really good Marvel film 😁.
Currently going through them with the boy. Even he's not convinced and he'll watch any old rubbish 🤣.

I did my Marvel journey last year including most of the series as well, stopped at Eternals as it’s supposed to be a total turkey, plus all that multi verse nonsense was doing my head in 🤯

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
A few weeks ago we stumbled on a charming 1996 Shirley MacLaine film called Mrs Winterbourne.
Last night we started watching the Whale 2023, within a few minutes my wife recognised the male lead character in both films, just by his eyes as being Brendan Fraser.
Then watched him at the awards, looked like 3 different people. :eek:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched Once Upon A Time in Hollywood last night. Love Brad Pitt, quite like Leonardo, but a lot of nothing happening for much of it. Luckily I had time to research on my phone the true events it was based on, otherwise I definitely wouldn't have known what was going on since I didn't know much about it. The ending was exciting I guess, and then you realise it's more of a 'reimagining' like he did in Inglorious Bastards. Not bad overall. Wouldn't watch it again though.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Watched Once Upon A Time in Hollywood last night. Love Brad Pitt, quite like Leonardo, but a lot of nothing happening for much of it. Luckily I had time to research on my phone the true events it was based on, otherwise I definitely wouldn't have known what was going on since I didn't know much about it. The ending was exciting I guess, and then you realise it's more of a 'reimagining' like he did in Inglorious Bastards. Not bad overall. Wouldn't watch it again though.

I actually enjoyed it more the second time we watched it. Saw it in the cinema first time round and thought it dragged, but watched it on TV a few months ago and the pacing seemed to make more sense.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'd have it as a 6/10. All very well done, top CGI so no hiding the budget, but almost a B movie feel (probably down to the small cast). Plenty of jumpy moments, I'm easily lifted off my seat :LOL:. Perhaps a few more characters to flesh it out a bit?

It does confirm my view, I would not want to live in a world of dinosaurs o_O
Would agree with the more characters comment LT - you almost needed the distraction of more people to focus on, as that might have meant that the main characters' journey would have been more poinient.
Defo agree with your dinosaur comment - there's already enough animals that can possibly kill you, so you definitely don't want to add those into the mix!