Films

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just went to a 'cinema', at least I think it was called that.. went to see Nobody. A fun action film, think John Wick but with the guy from Better Call Saul instead of Keanu. And a sparkling cameo from the legend that is Christopher Lloyd. Very enjoyable action flick. ??

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I just went to a 'cinema', at least I think it was called that.. went to see Nobody. A fun action film, think John Wick but with the guy from Better Call Saul instead of Keanu. And a sparkling cameo from the legend that is Christopher Lloyd. Very enjoyable action flick. ??

Ive.seen that , enjoyed it too

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A Town like Alice. Currently on iPlayer and as B&W easily overlooked or dismissed.

Based on the Nevil Shute novel of love and suffering (I’m a bit of a NS fan) of a group of British women and children in WWII Malaya after fall of Singapore to the Japanese...quite tough in parts. But of course it wins for me also as it has a 25yr old Virginia McKenna in the main female lead looking her absolute loveliest and most stalwart and beautiful English ’rose’ - with Peter Finch playing the best sort of Aussie bloke opposite her. Filmed in 1956 on location in Malaya and Alice Springs gave for me some really interesting historical insight. Excellent.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Hitman's Girlfriends Bodyguard. Well, what do you expect? :LOL:. It did what it does well. Take your brain out, £5 a ticket, Selma Hayek looking wonderful :love:, all's good. If you want a film with depth, meaning, to stretch you, don't bother.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The Hitman's Girlfriends Bodyguard. Well, what do you expect? :LOL:. It did what it does well. Take your brain out, £5 a ticket, Selma Hayek looking wonderful :love:, all's good. If you want a film with depth, meaning, to stretch you, don't bother.
Not watched it yet.enjoyed the first one.
Massive fan of Salma,when she starts shouting ? ?

Skypilot

Assistant Pro
Visit site
....... went to see Nobody. A fun action film, think John Wick but with the guy from Better Call Saul ...............??
I was hoping you meant Mike (Johnathan Banks). I thought he was great in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. I'd love to see him playing a similar character in a movie or series of his own.
I do like Bob Odenkirk as well though.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Black Widow - Very good, enjoyable. Not quite what I expected but then that isn't necessarily a bad thing . Nice to see a money no object film again :D

One of the leads, Florence Pugh is an absolute star in it. Not emerged on my radar previously but one I will definitely look out for in futre.

One of the trailers was for the new Disney summer action film, Pirates of Jumanji (it may actually be called Jungle Cruise :LOL:). If you liked Pirates & Jumanji then this is one for you. Looks fun.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Finally got round to watching Promising Young Woman. I'd avoided finding out too much about it but was expecting great things from all the hype. Now that I've seen it I'm feeling slightly conflicted about it. It wasn't what I expected, so was a bit disappointed about that. On the other hand I really enjoyed it for what it actually was. Glad I've seen it now and would definitely watch again.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Summer of Soul, absolutely amazing.
If you're a music fan it's a must watch, not just the story, the standard of musicianship on show is utterly out of this world.
I need to watch it again ?