Films

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched Old Dads. Amusing in parts but also some of the dialogue was a bit forced, like Bill Burr was crowbarring some of us stand-up material into it or something.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
We watched Old Dads. Amusing in parts but also some of the dialogue was a bit forced, like Bill Burr was crowbarring some of us stand-up material into it or something.

This is what I said earlier on this thread. It seemed like a stand up routine expanded to fill a movie by adding an almost superfluous plot. Funny at first but it starts to stretch after about 30-45 minutes.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is what I said earlier on this thread. It seemed like a stand up routine expanded to fill a movie by adding an almost superfluous plot. Funny at first but it starts to stretch after about 30-45 minutes.
Yeah I found it a bit cringe when someone conveniently teed him up for another rant by mentioning 'white privilege' or something in a way that people don't normally speak. Oh, also, the woman who let her kid punch a pregnant woman without scolding him was irritating as well. Surely that would never happen.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning.
I know this is a very possible and profitable franchise but.......................
For me this film is all about the action with a plot thrown in that kind of gets lost in the middle of it all. You could probably have put Parts 1 & 2 into the one film if they reduced all the incredibly extended action scenes by at least half. Just too many stunts going on for too long. My missus and I were getting bored of them all at the end.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mission Impossible - Dead Reckoning.
I know this is a very possible and profitable franchise but.......................
For me this film is all about the action with a plot thrown in that kind of gets lost in the middle of it all. You could probably have put Parts 1 & 2 into the one film if they reduced all the incredibly extended action scenes by at least half. Just too many stunts going on for too long. My missus and I were getting bored of them all at the end.

Not my kind of thing but was bored yesterday. Is it meant to be tongue in cheek and a bit silly?

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
One of those films that was seemingly an attempt to make a 'cool' film, but tells absolutely no story at all.
I guess you are not much familiar with Hunter S Thompson? The film is considered very true to the book and a great production.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Outfit - Netflix

Unusual in that the whole film is set in one location. Really enjoyed it, especially the performance from the main character played by Mark Rylance.

Watched it last night and also enjoyed it. I only read that it was bloody and a movb film with an English tailor. The contained location was unexpected, but very well done

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I watched this week
Mission Impossible well I would have found it impossible to miss

Moonfall Channel 4 a light hearted sci fi apocalypse movie with all the usual cliches and conundrums but a good watch

The Abyss (not the underwater water one) Netflix. Partly based upon a true incident. Disaster movie about a collapsing mine under a major town in Sweden. A good watch and highly rated.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just watched Murder Mystery - Adam Sandler & Jennifer Aniston comedy on Netflix. Was pretty decent, not as bad as I thought it'd be anyway.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just watched Murder Mystery - Adam Sandler & Jennifer Aniston comedy on Netflix. Was pretty decent, not as bad as I thought it'd be anyway.
They've done a couple. Very much tongue in cheek, good fun, wonderful locations (perfect for a long and miserable winter)

It's tosh, but they know that it's tosh 😂

Red devil

Visit site
Watched it last night and also enjoyed it. I only read that it was bloody and a movb film with an English tailor. The contained location was unexpected, but very well done
Watched it this evening. Mark Rylance is quite frankly superb in it.
As far removed from super hero,CGI stuff as can be,and all the better for it.
Relied on the cast's ability to act and nothing else. Excellent