Films

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We watched "All Quiet on the Western Front" the other night.
As has been said, a brutal film which also fully highlights the brutal conditions the soldiers had to endure, how they were sold a romantic view that beared no resemblence to the reality, the futility of war and the willingness of those in high places to send soldiers into horrendous situations while they stand back giving those orders miles from the front. The novel was written as anti-war, and the film cemented it.
Certainly one that, when you got to the end of it, just made you sit back and try to take it all in.
It knocked spots off 1917.

I took a bit of time to make up my mind about watching "All Quiet..." because I had seen the original and knew what he ending was and I sometimes do not get on with subtitled films.

I thoroughly enjoyed it but did think the ending in the original was a touch more poignant and shocking at the same time.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I took a bit of time to make up my mind about watching "All Quiet..." because I had seen the original and knew what he ending was and I sometimes do not get on with subtitled films.

I thoroughly enjoyed it but did think the ending in the original was a touch more poignant and shocking at the same time.
We watched it on Netflix so it wasn't subtitled but dubbed, and well dubbed at that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ant Man. Mmmmmmmm. I really liked the first 2, good humour in them. This one disappeared into Marvel, multi verse nonsense. CGI frenzy, reduced humour levels, none of Scott's friends who were so good in previous films. Ah well.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I’m going out on a limb here, Guy Ritchie is one of the worst directors of all time, one half decent film and he’s lived off that for 20 odd years 🤣

In one of his films he put his beer in it. Lad ordered some. That was rammel as well. 👍