Films

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Enjoyed Unchartered, despite it being a poor-mans Indiana Jones rip off. Decent action/adventure that requires little investment nor knowledge of the game franchise.

Encanto. Finally watched it with my 9 year old. No idea how many times she must have seen it but she sang every word. We missed this at the cinema (I’d never heard of it until she asked me to set it up on Disneyplus a few weeks ago) but it was decent.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Enjoyed Unchartered, despite it being a poor-mans Indiana Jones rip off. Decent action/adventure that requires little investment nor knowledge of the game franchise.

Encanto. Finally watched it with my 9 year old. No idea how many times she must have seen it but she sang every word. We missed this at the cinema (I’d never heard of it until she asked me to set it up on Disneyplus a few weeks ago) but it was decent.

Did you play the game? It seems most who did are not rating the film

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought she was the weakest character in it. Why do that accent?

Very different to the first two but sets up everything nicely for more. How good was Rhys Ifans though o_O:LOL:

I did find it a weird mix of totally OTT scenes like Rasputin, mixed with some very serious scenes but overall I quite liked it. Yes, very diffirent to the first 2 but I would watch another one inbetween new entries in the modern timeline.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
The House of Gucci, watched it last night, did enjoy it, obviously it being a true story it had to follow what happened but I thought it was just a little too long, started to loose interest towards the end.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Cromwell (1970). On TCM - Richard Harris splendid as Oliver Cromwell and Alec Guinness as a spookily identikit Charles I ...film looks superb and the issues around Charles I and parliament can be seen to weirdly resonate today - especially given the influence of Queen Consort Henrietta Maria on the King...fascinating. If history teaches us one thing then that is to learn from history and not ignore it.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last night the wife said she fancied a cartoony easy watch kind of movie - and select Inside Out. How wrong she was. She's only gone and selected the saddest film I've ever seen. I nearly cried and I have never cried at a movie! I don't know if it's even aimed at kids - it's stylised as if it would be but it's actually quite the tear jerker. Very clever and compelling though!

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Last night the wife said she fancied a cartoony easy watch kind of movie - and select Inside Out. How wrong she was. She's only gone and selected the saddest film I've ever seen. I nearly cried and I have never cried at a movie! I don't know if it's even aimed at kids - it's stylised as if it would be but it's actually quite the tear jerker. Very clever and compelling though!
We watched a film over Christmas on channel 5 or something called A Dogs Purpose. The dog (a dog) dies about 5 time before being reincarnated. Like you I’m normally oblivious, but this rubbish, schmaltzy film got me. Also, notable mentions to Up (first 5 mins) and The Champ which had similar effects on me.

Inside Out is a good film though. My daughter enjoys it, but it is fairly grown up in its message.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Have you watched any Studio Ghibli animes? They are superb...Lots of great ones but my favourite is The Tale of Princess Kaguya. Castle in the Sky is another fave.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Should have gone for Moana :ROFLMAO:. Inside Out is a very clever film, very thoughtful. As you say, not really a kids film, although there are many kids moments in it.

Springveldt

Visit site
Should have gone for Moana :ROFLMAO:. Inside Out is a very clever film, very thoughtful. As you say, not really a kids film, although there are many kids moments in it.
Mentioning Moana and not even making a You're Welcome joke? Poor form. :)

Recently watched The Protege on Amazon, was not impresssed.

I know quite a few special needs places that recommend Inside Out for Autistic kids due to the emotions having colours associated to them. My son will sometimes say he's feeling red when he's angry, feeling yellow when he's happy etc.