Films - your guilty pleasures

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Was watching Groundhog Day .......again the other night. Got to discussing this at work yesterday, about how I can switch in to that film at any time (it was already half hour or so in when I switched on) and still sit and enjoy it. This spawned a "guilty pleasure" chat, about other films that you can do this with, maybe not the critics choices, but films that you are not supposed to like but you just do. Any time they are on, you can just switch in at any point and you are quite happy to sit and watch it, and enjoy it. For example, on my "guilty pleasure" list, I am quite partial to Notting Hill and Love actually..........yep, I know I shouldn't, can't explain it but I just do.

So what are your "guilty pleasure" films?

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't feel guilty about any of these, as they are all in their own way, good films ;)

One of Our Dinosaurs is Missing
The Transporter
Ghostbusters
Where Eagles Dare

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any war movies , big red 1 , bridge too far , kellys heros the eagle has landed etc ,i was home alone on sunday & i watched willy wonka from start to finish ha , it use to always be on at Christmas along with chitty chitty bang bang when i was growing up ..

those of us with an age 4 times their shoe size or more will know the ones i mean ;)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any of the "Bourne" films gets my vote.

Guilty pleasures? They are all decent films with some epic action scenes.

Love Actually would be on mine. The perfect Christmas film.

Also, Santa Claus the movie (the one with Dudley Moore)

Oh and American Tail (80's animated movie about mice)

sfby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Can't see how Groundhog Day can be seen as a "guilty" pleasure - wonderful film, and I seem to remember the critics liked it too.

However...

Forrest Gump
Pirates of the Caribbean
Four Weddings & a Funeral
Jumanji

Definitely guilty!

Lawrence22

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Calamity Jane, It's a wonderful life, The shop around the corner, They died with their boots on, The quiet man and Derby O'Gill and the little people.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having a young family I get to sit through the following guilt free:

Home Alone 1&2 (great Christmas films)
Stardust
Toy Story
Nanny McPhee
Monsters Inc

Love them all!

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Toy story, Ice Age, Bugs Life etc. I watched them with my daughter when she was young, and can happily watch them over again.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Toy story, Ice Age, Bugs Life etc. I watched them with my daughter when she was young, and can happily watch them over again.

No shame in that. All very good films. All of Disney's Pixar films are great to be fair. And the Dreamworks/Fox ones aren't bad (Shrek, Ice Age etc)

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Can't see how Groundhog Day can be seen as a "guilty" pleasure - wonderful film, and I seem to remember the critics liked it too.

Def not a guilty pleasure - but talking about it morphed into the guilty pleasure chat.

I think there's a few here not quite grasped it though, I don't consider listing your favourite war films are guilty pleasures (nor is Highlander - it's one of the best films ever)....... these should be the films that you would normally be too embarrassed to admit watching, let alone liking......

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Def not a guilty pleasure - but talking about it morphed into the guilty pleasure chat.

I think there's a few here not quite grasped it though, I don't consider listing your favourite war films are guilty pleasures (nor is Highlander - it's one of the best films ever)....... these should be the films that you would normally be too embarrassed to admit watching, let alone liking......

LOL! Good one! :D

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anything with Tamer Hassan in it or Danny Dyer....normally rubbish films but just so funny for the completely over acted cockney wide boy roles they play.

Full of naughty geezers, sawn offs, fast jam jars and bags of charlie