Film Guilty Pleasures

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Father in Law loves his westerns and nearly all of them now come with a disclaimer before they start.

My dad's favourite film was the Magnificent Seven. Watched it dozens of times with him and still watch it on the anniversary of his passing. Watched it Monday as not allowed to visit the grave under covid regulations.

As for guilty pleasures, most of the films of my childhood as a lot of 70s and 80s cinema does not hold up well to modern social standards. And, as others have mentioned, I love an animated film, Minions just make me laugh, nearest thing today to the spirit of old Looney Tunes cartoons. And Space Jam, I love Space Jam.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am surprised at how many have put Notting Hill - but its on my list!
Also Happy Feet - cheesy as heck, but i still think the CGI animation is the one to beat.
Highlander - just cheesy ,

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I admit to loving animated films. Up! is a classic. I also love the old Ealing Comedies and Miss Marple with Margaret Rutherford.
And the silent comedies, Laurel & Hardy, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd. Although I've never been a fan of Chaplin.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Feeling a bit of guilty pleasure around enjoying some animated films? Fret ye not. The Studio Ghibli anime films are just fabulous. Even though some are aimed primarily at children I don't feel in any way shape or form guilty about watching any of them...and no-body should.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I admit to loving animated films. Up! is a classic. I also love the old Ealing Comedies and Miss Marple with Margaret Rutherford.
And the silent comedies, Laurel & Hardy, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd. Although I've never been a fan of Chaplin.
No guilt should be felt for any of that lot - otherwise I should feel guilty for loving them also. I might also chuck into that same pot all the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes movies...some are just so corny and contrived...love em even though I might wonder if I should really be spending 90mins of my life every time watching one.