Fill up those tanks?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I filled up 3 cars today, just in case there are any problems over the next few weeks. They were all on empty anyway. Cost me a fair bit, but thankfully my livelihood is not at risk if things go bad.....
I searched for the news stories to explain what's been going on and it comes down to a strike at Grangemouth. I have some sympathy for these workers....the company in charge are re-jigging the pension arrangements, and this is unsettling workers.
The current pension scheme regulation in this country is woeful. Before I moved to rural oblivion, I lived and worked in some big metropolitan areas where ordinary folk have been well and truly done over by their companies and lack of responsibility to protect what should be untouchable funds. I had a call not so long ago to tell me that some of my contributions were going to be worthless on retirement. I was advised that I should never have paid in and would not receive any refund. Since there is no written confirmation that I requested to join a scheme, a lawyer friend is looking into it for me.
It seems that anything goes these days...every other news story reveals some deeply immoral goings on...it's just madness. My mate needed to borrow some money as his bank wouldn't extend his overdraught from £200-£1000 for a week or two. He owns a £500,000 house in London with a £20 mortgage. w.t.h.? The bank said it would take 3 days to process the transfer....so I enquired about speeding up the process....oh yes, no problem £30. I asked about taking out the cash and walking next door into Lloyds and handing over a grand in readies.....yep, no problem. So I asked to withdraw £1000 and they said no....can't do it....only £300 per day is allowed. Then, I lost my rag.....and asked to speak to the most senior official available within an hour....
Suffice to say, I got the cash, paid it in and got my money back 3 days later.
It's a crazy world... :(...