Trendy new wallets made out of NASA Grade Carbon Fibre!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I keep seeing ads for little credit card sized wallets made out of the stuff used on the Space Shuttle! Some are silly-expensive, some less so.

I can see that as I carry virtually no cash and it's all cards/apps these days, they might be handy. Anyone use one and have a view?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I haven’t got one made from anything fancy but got one recently to take on a cruise we had booked. Just wanted something to carry my sea pass (door key/beer card/etc) , credit card and a bit of cash for when we were ashore. Nice and small and easier to carry in shorts than my wallet.
Not used it since we got back as I put things back in my wallet as I have more cards day to day but will use it next time we go on holiday

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have an ogon card wallet, supposed to block naughty people pinching the info from my cards. Nice and tidy, fits easily in my pocket. If I lost it I'd buy another as I like it.

I got mine a few years ago, it was about £20-25. It isn't space shuttle stuff but then it doesn't need to be 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm entirely cashless. You could keep an emergency note in it, I wouldn't recommend coins.

There are cheaper versions but I doubt if they do what is claimed and build quality is more questionable.

ThinBullet

Visit site
Is this actually a thing or a sales tool for RFID wallets? Ive never heard of it actually happening but maybe I am not aware.

Yes. Seen someone on the London tube doing it.

Flipper Zero can copy card data too, then relay it to another device.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I don't use cards very much but almost destroyed my season ticket in my pocket the first time I used it, so I ordered a card wallet from China cost less than a fiver and does the job very well indeed.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I have a couple of card wallets, i like using them but only trouble with them is the national ID card is a smidge bigger than a credit card and wont fit

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes. Seen someone on the London tube doing it.

Flipper Zero can copy card data too, then relay it to another device.

I have a F0. Yes you can get data from a card but you won’t get the CVV from it or encryption keys.
I can capture NFC cards that have no encryption like electric car charge cards or RFID access cards for buildings and use for payment/access which I do store my own.

There is a module you can buy that will allow you to collect data off the magnet stripe and emulate that but it’s really only useful in the US since they still swipe.

WiFi attacks,fake access points to get passwords, Bluetooth attacks, running usb/ Bluetooth scripts and Sub GHz jamming/capturing car keys and turning on or off infrared devices is what you can use it for.

ThinBullet

Visit site
It's just the aircrack-ng suite wrapped up in a button press, and became popular because people don't want to buy a fancy wireless card and remember how to run a basic wireless packet capture and deauth attack.

It's great for NFC based fob relay attacks etc for physical pentests/red team operations, but most guys I work with already have self made tools for that using existing tooling or scripts. F0 is a pricey device with limited options, but looks cooler than most of the Hak5 rubbish or having to work with a Proxmark 3.

The point I was simply making was that limit the disclosure by buying a wallet that blocks the signal, without getting into why :)

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I bought an Ancocs carbon fibre one of these for £12 from their Amazon shop two years ago, and absolutely swear by it. It has a money clip for notes too (so I always have some cash even though I don't use it often). Excellent quality, and meant I got rid of the fat wallet from my back pocket. Keep it in front pocket opposite to phone.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I keep seeing ads for little credit card sized wallets made out of the stuff used on the Space Shuttle! Some are silly-expensive, some less so.

I can see that as I carry virtually no cash and it's all cards/apps these days, they might be handy. Anyone use one and have a view?

I had one for a good while, very useful. I only stopped using it because I hardly carry cards anymore (Google wallet) and since I found post office Id (which let you store a photo of your driving licence aswell on it) I've found most places accept that so very little need for an actual wallet.

In my golf bag I have a small card holder with membership and range card