Feeling the club

steadyon

Hacker
Visit site
I’ve been thinking about my driver. With my irons, which I strike pretty well I’ve noticed that I can really feel the weight of the club head, similar with my hybrids. Hence I can time the release really nicely.

But, with my driver (and 4 wood) I find it much more difficult to ‘feel’ the weight of the club during the swing. Is this normal? It’s just a standard 11.5 degree TM SIM2 with regular shaft. I can play it but don’t quite have the control I’d like.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I’ve been thinking about my driver. With my irons, which I strike pretty well I’ve noticed that I can really feel the weight of the club head, similar with my hybrids. Hence I can time the release really nicely.

But, with my driver (and 4 wood) I find it much more difficult to ‘feel’ the weight of the club during the swing. Is this normal? It’s just a standard 11.5 degree TM SIM2 with regular shaft. I can play it but don’t quite have the control I’d like.
Ask a competent pro to check the swing weights and see if they can match your longer clubs to the irons. See if it makes a difference.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
D1 on irons (could be a liitle light) but is standard for the Wilson LP irons
D5 for driver is pretty standard

You can change the weights on the driver to see if it suits better.