Fear the Tiger

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn’t be surprised if Rose poops them again tonight with the $10mill hanging there, He’s getting slower every hole. It’s looking tight beneath him!

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
What surprised me was Rory's poor round, such a showcase pairing for the final round and you would have thought Rory would have relished playing with Tiger, but after a poor start he seemed to me to mentally lose it whereas Tiger was in total control and knew exactly what he had to do and embraced the challenge.

mhwgc

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What surprised me was Rory's poor round, such a showcase pairing for the final round and you would have thought Rory would have relished playing with Tiger, but after a poor start he seemed to me to mentally lose it whereas Tiger was in total control and knew exactly what he had to do and embraced the challenge.

Agreed, he was keen to play in the final pairing with Tiger and looked like a rabbit in the headlights.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Like him or not you'd have to admit Tiger played the course and came out on top. 80 career wins would say he's one heck of a golfer and it good to see that he has recovered from the crippling back issues.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Don't think Rory has ever stood up and been counted in the last five or so years, once again yesterday it showed that he's not at the same level as Tiger and I mean absolutely no disrespect in that, Tiger is a machine.

Tiger asked questions of both Rose and Rors and both were found wanting. Tiger came straight out of the blocks and blew them both out of the water. He really is a true champion. I am not even the biggest Tiger fan either but boy do I respect him. Unbelievable golfer.

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't think Rory has ever stood up and been counted in the last five or so years, once again yesterday it showed that he's not at the same level as Tiger and I mean absolutely no disrespect in that, Tiger is a machine.

Tiger asked questions of both Rose and Rors and both were found wanting. Tiger came straight out of the blocks and blew them both out of the water. He really is a true champion. I am not even the biggest Tiger fan either but boy do I respect him. Unbelievable golfer.

Do you watch much golf? Rory came from nowhere and won the Tour Champs and FedEx Cup in 2016.

Rose showed true mettle to birdie 18 and with the $10m on the line, the GOAT breathing down his neck and millions around the world longing for TW to take the tournament and the whole FedEx cup.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Do you watch much golf? Rory came from nowhere and won the Tour Champs and FedEx Cup in 2016.

Rose showed true mettle to birdie 18 and with the $10m on the line, the GOAT breathing down his neck and millions around the world longing for TW to take the tournament and the whole FedEx cup.

And did any of them get close to Tiger. Nope. End of discussion. 2016 minus a fit Tiger.

D

Deleted member 15344

Didn’t Rory win the same Tour Championship 2 years ago coming from behind to also win the Fed and 4 years ago he was winning 2 majors in one season and he has stood up to be counted

Respect for what Tiger did yesterday but let’s not rewrite the record books on one win - even this year when they were both going for the win at Arnies Comp Rory smashed his drive miles down there whilst Woods put his into someone’s garden - in the last 8 years Rory I think has won on tour 24 times including 4 majors he went winless in 13 and 17 when he was injured

Woods winning one Comp doesn’t suddenly turn him into the golfer he was 10 years ago just as it doesn’t mean Rory and Rose are second rate - a lot of overreaction right now

The last two days Rory and Rose witnessed first hand what the galleries are like when Woods is doing well - at one stage on Saturday the lack of respect from them was poor to the point Woods let Rose put out first because he knew as soon as he putted the crowds would go mental

Woods now needs to turn that win into more next year - people already have him winning majors etc maybe a little calm and realism need to set him - how others golfers can be written off based on one tournament is amusing

Brilliant from Woods and I hope next year it’s a right battle royal between all the topnguys

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
And did any of them get close to Tiger. Nope. End of discussion. 2016 minus a fit Tiger.

To say Rory hasn't stood up and been counted in 5 years simply isn't true . Whether he's as good as Tiger is a different topic and looking forward to find out in the coming months as world rankings continue to change.

IMO Tiger has the best approach game in the world by a margin and perhaps the best short game. He will be challenging for the no.1 spot before long.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Rory proved once again in the Open he is not at a level to currently win majors. His approach to the last when he needed birdie was horrendous. Yet Rose, Tiger and Molinari all stiffed it. Rory has one of the worst short games for a top level professional.

Everyone was talking about Rory being the next great thing yet has failed to add to his reputation and major haul since 2014. So yes he hasn't stood up and been counted since then. If anything he's gone backwards.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Didn’t Rory win the same Tour Championship 2 years ago coming from behind to also win the Fed and 4 years ago he was winning 2 majors in one season and he has stood up to be counted

Respect for what Tiger did yesterday but let’s not rewrite the record books on one win - even this year when they were both going for the win at Arnies Comp Rory smashed his drive miles down there whilst Woods put his into someone’s garden - in the last 8 years Rory I think has won on tour 24 times including 4 majors he went winless in 13 and 17 when he was injured

Woods winning one Comp doesn’t suddenly turn him into the golfer he was 10 years ago just as it doesn’t mean Rory and Rose are second rate - a lot of overreaction right now

The last two days Rory and Rose witnessed first hand what the galleries are like when Woods is doing well - at one stage on Saturday the lack of respect from them was poor to the point Woods let Rose put out first because he knew as soon as he putted the crowds would go mental

Woods now needs to turn that win into more next year - people already have him winning majors etc maybe a little calm and realism need to set him - how others golfers can be written off based on one tournament is amusing

Brilliant from Woods and I hope next year it’s a right battle royal between all the topnguys

One one hand you blow smoke up Rory's backside saying he hit a fairway and slate Tiger then on the other you make an excuse for Rory not winning in 2013 & 2017 due to injury. So Tiger coming back from injury this year isn't an excuse for going OB?

Can't really have your cake an eat it.

D

Deleted member 15344

One one hand you blow smoke up Rory's backside saying he hit a fairway and slate Tiger then on the other you make an excuse for Rory not winning in 2013 & 2017 due to injury. So Tiger coming back from injury this year isn't an excuse for going OB?

Can't really have your cake an eat it.

You appear to struggle with facts Craw

In 2013 Rory wasn’t injured and just had a poor year , in 2017 Rory played most of the year injured

At the Arnie Comp both were fit and playing well - Woods sneaked ahead but then put a drive way out of bounds and out of the Comp where as Rory marched on to win it - dismissing two golfers who have proved themselves to be two of the best in the world based on Woods winning one Comp is disrespectful to the pair of them - they are both major winners ( multiple in rorys case ) , both World number ones at one stage and both ranked higher than Woods right now. Right now in the present Woods isn’t better than them based on one Comp

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
Rory proved once again in the Open he is not at a level to currently win majors. His approach to the last when he needed birdie was horrendous. Yet Rose, Tiger and Molinari all stiffed it. Rory has one of the worst short games for a top level professional.

Everyone was talking about Rory being the next great thing yet has failed to add to his reputation and major haul since 2014. So yes he hasn't stood up and been counted since then. If anything he's gone backwards.

Rors is one of the best bunker players on tour.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You appear to struggle with facts Craw

In 2013 Rory wasn’t injured and just had a poor year , in 2017 Rory played most of the year injured

At the Arnie Comp both were fit and playing well - Woods sneaked ahead but then put a drive way out of bounds and out of the Comp where as Rory marched on to win it - dismissing two golfers who have proved themselves to be two of the best in the world based on Woods winning one Comp is disrespectful to the pair of them - they are both major winners ( multiple in rorys case ) , both World number ones at one stage and both ranked higher than Woods right now. Right now in the present Woods isn’t better than them based on one Comp

I think you struggle with facts as per normal. You introduced the injuries not me. Your poor English suggested he was injured in 13, I took your word for it.

I've not been disrespectful to either Rose or Rory, I've simply stated that they pooped it when up against Tiger's aura.

Tiger came out of the trap both days way better and blew then away.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seen a great tweet from Skratch Golf, it was Woods sitting watching and listening to the words of all the sceptics. Brandel Chamblee <spit obnoxious human being> replying to questions about woods, all of the replies being negative, one women saying that he is washed up and should quit while he is ahead with some dignity, others answer no to questions on will he win another tournament, one pundit referring to Woods as a 'Former golfer', at the end Woods just looked up with a wry grin.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

I think you struggle with facts as per normal. You introduced the injuries not me. Your poor English suggested he was injured in 13, I took your word for it.

I've not been disrespectful to either Rose or Rory, I've simply stated that they pooped it when up against Tiger's aura.

Tiger came out of the trap both days way better and blew then away.
Yep he won yesterday and it was a win to be applauded but it’s also his first in 5 years - you are the one suggesting Rory hasn’t stood up to be counted for the same last 5 years which is the biggest pile of nonsense spouted - in that time he has won two majors plus the Fed Ex and multiple other Tour events . Either you are poor researching or on a wind up

This is half the issue with Woods ( which isn’t his fault ) - everyone suddenly gets tunnel vision and no one else in golf matters - if that’s the state of our sport then we have big issues

I also suspect if Rory was a Scot the attitude towards him would be slightly different

Last edited by a moderator: