Fear the Tiger

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Seen a great tweet from Scratch Golf, it was Woods sitting watching and listening to the words of all the sceptics. Brandel Chamblee <spit obnoxious human being> replying to questions about woods, all of the replies being negative, one women saying that he should have some dignity and retire, others answer no to questions on will he win another tournament, one pundit referring to Woods as a 'Former golfer', at the end Woods just looked up with a wry grin.

Saw the same thing... and then wondered if it was genuine
I recall there's a similar vid of him watching his peers like JT, PM, Reed etc etc saying 'do you know how hard it is to win x times on the tour, can you imagine how hard it is to win 79 times! with Tiger looking quite pleased and even humbled

And I wondered if this was the same vid with the other tour pro's being replaced with the naysayer media folk

edit: found it. I'm sure today's one is a fake of this

Pretty naff to use his reaction to one set of comments and turn it into this

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Seen a great tweet from Skratch Golf, it was Woods sitting watching and listening to the words of all the sceptics. Brandel Chamblee <spit obnoxious human being> replying to questions about woods, all of the replies being negative, one women saying that he is washed up and should quit while he is ahead with some dignity, others answer no to questions on will he win another tournament, one pundit referring to Woods as a 'Former golfer', at the end Woods just looked up with a wry grin.

Chamblee is the golf version of Durham - he is a pure troll and disrespectful at that.

I didn’t think Woods would win but he was superb for all four days and fully deserved the win. He isn’t a young man now and he was tiring at the end of each round but played very smart but will be interesting to see what happens next year - maybe another win on tour but I just think the majors are maybe one step too far with the level of course and also the playing field but his self determination is something you can’t put into words. Not everyone warms to him but I suspect a lot had a smile at him yesterday

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Chamblee is the golf version of Durham - he is a pure troll and disrespectful at that.

I didn’t think Woods would win but he was superb for all four days and fully deserved the win. He isn’t a young man now and he was tiring at the end of each round but played very smart but will be interesting to see what happens next year - maybe another win on tour but I just think the majors are maybe one step too far with the level of course and also the playing field but his self determination is something you can’t put into words. Not everyone warms to him but I suspect a lot had a smile at him yesterday
The playing field??

Did you not see the playing field at East lake?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Yep he won yesterday and it was a win to be applauded but it’s also his first in 5 years - you are the one suggesting Rory hasn’t stood up to be counted for the same last 5 years which is the biggest pile of nonsense spouted - in that time he has won two majors plus the Fed Ex and multiple other Tour events . Either you are poor researching or on a wind up

This is half the issue with Woods ( which isn’t his fault ) - everyone suddenly gets tunnel vision and no one else in golf matters - if that’s the state of our sport then we have big issues

I also suspect if Rory was a Scot the attitude towards him would be slightly different

So the last five years is the sticking point. Fine I'll concede I got five years wrong, since his two majors in a year he's gone backwards. His short game is dire now from where it was. Stats or no stats it's poor.

What has Scottish got to do with it?

You think I'm applauding Tiger due to his nationality too?

I support golf, just like this weekend coming I couldn't give two hoots who wins as long as it's a great spectacle. Golf is the winner, I love golf that the person or team.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m no tiger fan, I don’t think it’s him, just the circus that surrounds him (inc on here) that irritates me. That’s not his fault though.
I didn’t think he’d win another major, I thought he’d blow up this weekend. I can’t think that anymore, it wouldn’t surprise e now if he got close to 18. I reckon he’s got 2-3 more years, 12 chances, it’s certainly doable IMO.
Re Rory, he has gone backwards, he doesn’t seem to have the mental fortitude for me. I see speith & JT having a stronger mental game, therefore more able to close the deal.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yep he won yesterday and it was a win to be applauded but it’s also his first in 5 years - you are the one suggesting Rory hasn’t stood up to be counted for the same last 5 years which is the biggest pile of nonsense spouted - in that time he has won two majors plus the Fed Ex and multiple other Tour events . Either you are poor researching or on a wind up

This is half the issue with Woods ( which isn’t his fault ) - everyone suddenly gets tunnel vision and no one else in golf matters - if that’s the state of our sport then we have big issues

I also suspect if Rory was a Scot the attitude towards him would be slightly different

I've come across some pretty 'strange' comments on the Forum but this has to be one of the most silly. Is anyone remotely concerned whether Rory is Irish and why on earth would it matter if were he a Scot? Perhaps he's who the FBI were looking for a couple of weeks ago and he's actually Martian !!!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw the same thing... and then wondered if it was genuine
I recall there's a similar vid of him watching his peers like JT, PM, Reed etc etc saying 'do you know how hard it is to win x times on the tour, can you imagine how hard it is to win 79 times! with Tiger looking quite pleased and even humbled

And I wondered if this was the same vid with the other tour pro's being replaced with the naysayer media folk

edit: found it. I'm sure today's one is a fake of this

Pretty naff to use his reaction to one set of comments and turn it into this

I agree to use the PGA tours video and tigers visual responses and turn it into what Skratch did is poor, but that written, for all those in the video that were putting him down, he has shown them, so fair play, poor video or not.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seen a great tweet from Skratch Golf, it was Woods sitting watching and listening to the words of all the sceptics. Brandel Chamblee <spit obnoxious human being> replying to questions about woods, all of the replies being negative, one women saying that he is washed up and should quit while he is ahead with some dignity, others answer no to questions on will he win another tournament, one pundit referring to Woods as a 'Former golfer', at the end Woods just looked up with a wry grin.

Best tweet i have seen i years and i am a bigger fan of Lefty

Go on Tiger!!!

An absolute champ!!!!

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
No great fan of Woods, but the win and way it was done was impressive. He is a supreme iron player, and once he gets the driver and that stinger going, he's going to be dangerous.

I think most of the negative commentary re Rory, just comes from the frustration with what we were seeing. All of the stats and records don't matter a toss once you are on the tee. His Driver fetish is great when it's on, but so destructive when it's not.

You can imagine the conversation....

"What do you reckon up here...?"
"3 Wood"
"mmmm...give me the driver..."
---
"What about this hole...?"
"7 iron"
"I was thinking driver"
"It's a par 3......7 iron.....I'll let you hit the driver on the next hole if you play this one nicely"
"you better, or I won't let you carry my bag anymore......"

And so on....... :)

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've come across some pretty 'strange' comments on the Forum but this has to be one of the most silly. Is anyone remotely concerned whether Rory is Irish and why on earth would it matter if were he a Scot? Perhaps he's who the FBI were looking for a couple of weeks ago and he's actually Martian !!!

I have to agree with you on that why would anyone bring that into the conversation but it's not the first time the guy has played that card.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You can imagine the conversation....

"What do you reckon up here...?"
"3 Wood"
"mmmm...give me the driver..."
---
"What about this hole...?"
"7 iron"
"I was thinking driver"
"It's a par 3......7 iron.....I'll let you hit the driver on the next hole if you play this one nicely"
"you better, or I won't let you carry my bag anymore......"

And so on....... :)

Sounds like the conversation in my head most weekends!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I think you'll find that the Scots and the Irish have a very close affiliation so your talking mince again.

Re Poulter, I have stated quite often in the past that I didn't like his cocky arrogance. However once you see past that he is a very likeable person who does a lot of fine work. This Ryder Cup, bridge too far is my opinion.

Westwood, all I've ever said is he's a dreadful putter which I've been proven correct about. I have always admired his long game again something I have stated quite often.

A poor man's Monty is my opinion again something I have made no bones about.

To suggest it's because they are English shows the size of chip on your shoulder. And obvious bitterness and resentment.

The card that was referred too is the one you have just proven to be true again when you posted yet more tripe.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nice to see Tiger win again, in his own head he must have wondered if it would happen.
Rory has to accept his game has gone backward it’s like his handicap has gone up.
His course management is not as good as others but I think he tries to overpower courses to much.
Short game is shocking for a player of his calabre, with all the resources open to him why has this slipped so much?

Well done to Rose as well the league tables don’t lie.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think you'll find that the Scots and the Irish have a very close affiliation so your talking mince again.

Re Poulter, I have stated quite often in the past that I didn't like his cocky arrogance. However once you see past that he is a very likeable person who does a lot of fine work. This Ryder Cup, bridge too far is my opinion.

Westwood, all I've ever said is he's a dreadful putter which I've been proven correct about. I have always admired his long game again something I have stated quite often.

A poor man's Monty is my opinion again something I have made no bones about.

To suggest it's because they are English shows the size of chip on your shoulder. And obvious bitterness and resentment.

The card that was referred too is the one you have just proven to be true again when you posted yet more tripe.

I am glad I am not alone in thinking this, LOST count of the times he plays the hate card towards the Scots when they don't have the same views as he does. I would hate to think what he would be saying if he liked Tiger and we all didn't

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Why is it that the ones that whinge about Tiger & all the hype are all over every Tiger thread?
🤷‍♂️

Very strange.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've never been a huge fan of Tiger's but that's more the media's fault (hype) than his. Impressive come back though and respect to him for continuing to work hard to get back to being competitive. I'm sure many with less drive would have called it a day, but he's a champion and his work ethic is huge.

The change of direction this thread has taken got me to thinking about golf and favouring players of my country (England) and despite being very pro England in football, rugby, cricket etc I'm actually just pro European when it comes to golf. It's all down to The Ryder Cup (closely followed by The Solheim Cup) which for me is the most compelling golf to watch ever. During that I'm so pro European that it rubs off onto the game in general so it's often anyone but an American!

Never thought of myself as European before :unsure:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What surprised me was Rory's poor round, such a showcase pairing for the final round and you would have thought Rory would have relished playing with Tiger, but after a poor start he seemed to me to mentally lose it whereas Tiger was in total control and knew exactly what he had to do and embraced the challenge.
Why would you be surprised? Rory does that every Sunday nowadays.