Favourite Masters Memories

MarkR_89

Visit site
The Masters 2019 is just around the corner and it's the best golf major championship of the year. In this video we discuss our favourite memory from The Masters and for us what the best moments in masters history. I've also brought along some special guests! Hope you enjoy!

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I seem to remember 2004 was a cracking final day. A couple of aces on 16, KJ Choi holing out on 11 and Ernie and Phil going toe to toe on the back nine.

Plus the interest generated by Langer and Casey also being high on the leaderboard.

MarkR_89

Visit site
Jack Nicklaus in '86.
Unfortunately I wasn’t alive to see it live, but having watched it back it was amazing!

Who says it's the best major? 😜
I personally think it is, although The Open isn’t far behind.
I seem to remember 2004 was a cracking final day. A couple of aces on 16, KJ Choi holing out on 11 and Ernie and Phil going toe to toe on the back nine.

Plus the interest generated by Langer and Casey also being high on the leaderboard.
I do remember being glued to the TV with that one, it was a great final round!

MarkR_89

Visit site
Bubba's pitching wedge in the play-off.(y):eek:
Only Bubba could have pulled that off!

Got to be Tigers chip in on 16 for me , the shot itself , the way he used the slope , the way the ball stopped to show the Nike sign before the ball dropped and the reaction from both Tiger with caddie and the crowd
It was a thing of beauty, probably the best shot, or at least the most memorable shot in golfing history rather than just masters history. Plus the commentary was crazy good!

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Would be the Sandy Lyle one for me. Was the first tournament I properly watched and felt like I went through the emotions over those last 9 holes.
Still enjoy the tournament but maybe a combination of learning more about a few things over the years I probably don't hold the tournament in quite such high regard now. Does generally align with improving weather and proper season picking up pace so that is great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Faldo winning in the playoff wearing that ridiculous jumper - remember seeing Hoch miss that 2 ft putt to win and then Faldo hiking a monster. Lyles bunker shot on 18 is for me the best shot seen at the Masters

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Would be the Sandy Lyle one for me. Was the first tournament I properly watched and felt like I went through the emotions over those last 9 holes.
Still enjoy the tournament but maybe a combination of learning more about a few things over the years I probably don't hold the tournament in quite such high regard now. Does generally align with improving weather and proper season picking up pace so that is great.
Defo Sandy Lyle bunker shot then sinking the put,
He also double bogeyed the 12th😝

Wolf

Visit site
For me Faldo win against Norman in 96, whilst it was car crash from Norman, it was pure Faldo at his best, ball striking, managing the course and just never letting up with the pressure add in his words to Norman during their man hug on the 18th Green, that for me does it.

Plus Phils shot from the trees on 13th was pretty special