fat golf shot training aid

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Looks nice, fats are one of my downfall shots.

What is to stop you just putting a piece of plastic a few inches behind the ball to replicate this?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks nice, fats are one of my downfall shots.

What is to stop you just putting a piece of plastic a few inches behind the ball to replicate this?

its quite thick and definitely gives you a reason to want to miss it. i would have thought a piece of plastic would be too thin and would have to be very close to the ball to detect a fat strike.

my friend said he likes the way it framed the ball too and helps with alignment.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
its quite thick and definitely gives you a reason to want to miss it. i would have thought a piece of plastic would be too thin and would have to be very close to the ball to detect a fat strike.

my friend said he likes the way it framed the ball too and helps with alignment.

Thanks mate, might get one :thup:

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Seen these getting quite a push on Social and I think they have some kind of link up /sponsorship with the Belfry (or at least gave them some freebies)

Seen a few people on the range using them lately, sometimes with 'strike strips'

Also saw one person using one off grass which seemed odd and a bit unnecessary (unless I'm missing something, why wouldn't you just play off the grass?)

Tempted to give one a bash

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seen these getting quite a push on Social and I think they have some kind of link up /sponsorship with the Belfry (or at least gave them some freebies)

Seen a few people on the range using them lately, sometimes with 'strike strips'

Also saw one person using one off grass which seemed odd and a bit unnecessary (unless I'm missing something, why wouldn't you just play off the grass?)

Tempted to give one a bash

Can be used off grass as it's about avoiding the plate. Grass obviously gives better feedback than a mat. It's definitely an interesting idea. The sand one looks really good if you tend to be a "digger"

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The ones I've seen (admittedly only from a distance) looked to have a mat bit inbuilt that the ball is hit off? or is the ball actually on the range mat/grass? (maybe it's detachable?)

Interested in your review when they send you one

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
The ones I've seen (admittedly only from a distance) looked to have a mat bit inbuilt that the ball is hit off? or is the ball actually on the range mat/grass? (maybe it's detachable?)

Interested in your review when they send you one

they have two types. one with a section missing to hit off a mat or grass. the other doesn't have a section missing it has an artificial grass insert.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just put an old broken tee behind the ball. The shaft not the head as anything too high could make you swing at the ball too steeply.