fairway woods

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A new Ping G425 5W with a shaft fit to my swing characteristics in a decent fitting ——- in all honesty I’m tempted by this ?

How much of a step forward is this likely to be compared to a random 3W eBay purchase of a club 5 years old..??
I have this club it’s fantastic and a massive improvement over 5 yr old tech.

Hoganman1

Visit site
I've been playing a three (15*), five (18*) and seven (21*) fairways. I'm going to switch back to my old HL three (16.5*) and HL five (21*) as an experiment. At age 72 my swing speed is diminishing. I'm hoping simplifying will help.
Played yesterday with my TM M2 HL 3 and 5 and they worked really well. I also pulled out my old Ping G25 driver just for a change of pace and hit it really well too. I'll probably go back to my G400 at some point, but the HL 3 and 5 are sticking around through Fall and Winter.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm considering putting my 5 wood back in the bag for the winter at the expense of my 2 iron. I figure the carry will be more useful at that time of year rather than trying to get a 2 iron to run out on wet fairways.

evemccc

Visit site
I'm considering putting my 5 wood back in the bag for the winter at the expense of my 2 iron. I figure the carry will be more useful at that time of year rather than trying to get a 2 iron to run out on wet fairways.

I’m thinking of getting a 5W

The more I think about it the more it makes sense…and will use it as a 220ish yard FW finder off the tee predominately…I reckon it will get plenty of use in winter, for the same reasons you’ve outlined