Fairway Mats

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We have significantly improved our path routes but still have some roped routing areas.
We also have a phantom rope slasher who seemingly carries a Stanley knife as a 15th club :eek::mad:
That's dreadful. Sad that I am I often straighten up the posts ensuring that the rope is correctly in place.

www.hiltonpark.net
I bought one of these in January.
They are simply amazing. Possibly the best 30 quid you can spend as a golfer (in winter*)

The rest of the lads also bought them after trialling mine.

Genuinely a 10/10 bit of kit if you are forced to play of mats.
I got mine this winter. I hated playing off the mats or muddy semi rough lies but this has changed my opinion on winter golf.
Now if only they could come up with something to stop winter greens

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Took a pic playing today of my mat. I turn it so the smooth side is up and tap it down with my foot. It does not sit up high at all.
p.jpeg
I play all my shots off the smooth side

123*

Hacker
Visit site
Don't understand the dislike for mats, a crap ball striker is a crap ball striker off either mat or grass, at least a mat will stop you getting a face full of mud.....
Embrace mats and have a course in good condition earlier in the season

Are we having them again next year do you know?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got mine this winter. I hated playing off the mats or muddy semi rough lies but this has changed my opinion on winter golf.
Now if only they could come up with something to stop winter greens

Fully agree mate. The solid feel on impact is as good as the most high quality range Mat.

Game changer with regards to winter golf.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Using a matt in winter is like cheating. It makes the game so much easier.

If it allows the course to be open and doesn't damage the course too much in winter then why not. We do run comps off the yellows once a month from November-February and either use the mats and make them non-qualifiers, or just play those off grass. Golf is supposed to be fun and if this helps some courses why not. As I've said, the biggest challenge a club faces is getting membership buy in

Mandofred

Visit site
If it allows the course to be open and doesn't damage the course too much in winter then why not. We do run comps off the yellows once a month from November-February and either use the mats and make them non-qualifiers, or just play those off grass. Golf is supposed to be fun and if this helps some courses why not. As I've said, the biggest challenge a club faces is getting membership buy in
Now don't be stupid.....