F1 2021

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fantastic trolling from the FIA today. I loved the “rules are rules” comment in relation to lewis not going to the awards dinner ?

Couldn’t have chosen more ridiculous language in the circumstances!

I wonder if he was dared to say it by Horner? ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Personally i dont thimk anyone should get knighted just for being good at sport, its their job at the end of the day. Am I going to get knighted for being good at driving coaches? Bit bloody unlikely...
I'd knight any coach driver who can manage central Paris and all of the tourist spots ?. Bloomin amazing ?

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Maybe a separate ‘honours thread’ is warranted ?

Meantime, back in F1, it is reported that Lewis is disillusioned with things and considering his options for next year. Maybe some time away would be beneficial, although I suspect this would be interpreted as sulking and “toys out of pram“ stuff. If he took a year out, what would be the impact on F1, and on his standing ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Personally i dont thimk anyone should get knighted just for being good at sport, its their job at the end of the day. Am I going to get knighted for being good at driving coaches? Bit bloody unlikely...
As is running a Bank, Supermarket chain or many other 'trades'!
Somewhat different, imo, if started from zilch and used their talent to have built up a Bank, Supermarket chain...or Sporting Career!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Maybe a separate ‘honours thread’ is warranted ?

Meantime, back in F1, it is reported that Lewis is disillusioned with things and considering his options for next year. Maybe some time away would be beneficial, although I suspect this would be interpreted as sulking and “toys out of pram“ stuff. If he took a year out, what would be the impact on F1, and on his standing ?
There's no reason for him to be disillusioned! He won it/it got 'stolen' from him, so more incentive, imo, to win it next year! He's allowed to pseudo-sulk in his mansion in his tax-free haven, with his zillions of earnings etc until next season though!
Can you tell I'm a bit envious?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
So? Hamilton achieved something only one other driver in history had achieved. Murray has never even been in the top 3 tennis players in his own era.

Murray was world ranked No.1 .......................... in his own era.
Hamilton uses machinery, the best there is, Murray used a tennis raquet that you or I could use.
Subtle difference.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are either avoiding the question or are too stupid to understand it!
Your choice as to which one, but I believe I'v made my point!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So, they are correct in their assumptions, and here was me giving someone the benefit of the doubt!

Oh, and I can't believe anyone would ask whether someone thinks bankers should possibly get knighthoods just for doing their job, but there's always one!
Oh, nice edit.(y)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
So, they are correct in their assumptions, and here was me giving someone the benefit of the doubt!
I'll have a small one of what you appear to be on thanks! :eek:

Oh, and I can't believe anyone would ask whether someone thinks bankers should possibly get knighthoods just for doing their job, but there's always one!
Bankers certainly get knighted during their career. My old 'top boss' (I was nowhere near his level) got a gong that was subsequently withdrawn. Another equivalent boss of a bank I worked at was recently knighted! And there's certainly others!
Should Sir Philip Green have been knighted during his rather chequered career?

I have/make no opinion either way as to whether any of the above should/shouldn't have happened!

Last edited:

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Apparently, Lewis and Toto won't be fined for not attending the Max love-in the 'rub your nose in it party' celebration of all the brilliant decisions made my Massi this season end of season prize giving.

Another rule ignored changed at the discretion of the FIA.
I wouldn't be surprised if both of them call it a day and retire healthy and wealthy.

Swango1980

Visit site
Utter Twaddle!
He was never out of 'Top3' in 2016 - started #2; ended #1! 2015 wasn't bad either! #3 or #2 from early April to end of Year!
In his own era, he was at best 4th. Who cares if he jumped up into top 3 for brief spells, due to a purple patch, or injuries to other players. He will clearly never be considered a better player overall that Federer, Nadal or Djokivic.

Swango1980

Visit site
Murray was world ranked No.1 .......................... in his own era.
Hamilton uses machinery, the best there is, Murray used a tennis raquet that you or I could use.
Subtle difference.
That lazy argument again, it is the car doing all the work. Fair enough, Messi is not even close to being one of the greatest footballers, as he played for one of the best teams of all time.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
In his own era, he was at best 4th. Who cares if he jumped up into top 3 for brief spells, due to a purple patch, or injuries to other players. He will clearly never be considered a better player overall that Federer, Nadal or Djokivic.
That may be your opinion, but this link indicates otherwise! https://www.coretennis.net/tennis-player/andy-murray/279/ranking.html
From 5 April 2015 until 29 Oct 2017 (almost 30 consecutive months), he was never out of Top 3!
From Nov 6 2016 until Aug 13 2017 (over 9 consecutive months), he was #1!
No 'purple patch'! Other players injuries might affect ranking occasionally, but not all 3 of them over that (30 month) period.

FWIW, I'm not a great Murray fan (not certain why), but those stats ARE impressive.

Last edited: