Exercise

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
And i go for a run, ride my bike, do some Yoga on my lunchtime. Walking is not healthy, didnt you know?!
We live in the golden age of health crazes, but what good does it do?
Heard this comment once: I go to the gym every morning then feel I deserve a big breakfast, and I'm only a stone overweight. (He was more like 3 stones overweight).
Couple of weeks ago an NHS guy told me all you need is 10 minutes walking a day. But for what?
Btw: yoga doesn't do much. Like I've said before, there is nothing that can outrun the 2nd law of thermodynamics. It's why we're all goners.
Like Peter Atkins (Oxford prof.) says, we are the children of chaos and our bodies steadily become more and more disordered through life until we end in chaos.
The 2nd law means we can never even break even. Main reason why exercise does not help long term in any way.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Heard this comment once: I go to the gym every morning then feel I deserve a big breakfast, and I'm only a stone overweight. (He was more like 3 stones overweight).
Couple of weeks ago an NHS guy told me all you need is 10 minutes walking a day. But for what?
Btw: yoga doesn't do much. Like I've said before, there is nothing that can outrun the 2nd law of thermodynamics. It's why we're all goners.
Like Peter Atkins (Oxford prof.) says, we are the children of chaos and our bodies steadily become more and more disordered through life until we end in chaos.
The 2nd law means we can never even break even. Main reason why exercise does not help long term in any way.
Like Peter Atkins (Oxford prof.)

So you get you advice from a hardline atheist, three times married professor of chemistry to back up your exercise opinions. ?????

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
My 2 cents, since I joined the gym I go to 14 months ago. Mentally and physically I was a mess, BMI stated I was morbidly Obese.

I joined after my Dad died of heart failure (he also had terminal cancer). I weighed 127kg and 61.5kg was fat (approx 20 stone) and I was bigger then that before hand.
At the gym I've got an assigned coach who If I wanted to be able to do pull ups would tailor a programme to help me achieve this.
All the coach's have helped with my diet and technic on lifts and exercises.

The gym has helped with my mental well being as well. I'm now running between 10 to 20 miles a week, feel better in general and need to buy a whole new wardrobe.
I think your just bored and looking to dip a hook and see what you catch. Enjoy yourself if thats what floats your boat.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
My 2 cents, since I joined the gym I go to 14 months ago. Mentally and physically I was a mess, BMI stated I was morbidly Obese.

I joined after my Dad died of heart failure (he also had terminal cancer). I weighed 127kg and 61.5kg was fat (approx 20 stone) and I was bigger then that before hand.
At the gym I've got an assigned coach who If I wanted to be able to do pull ups would tailor a programme to help me achieve this.
All the coach's have helped with my diet and technic on lifts and exercises.

The gym has helped with my mental well being as well. I'm now running between 10 to 20 miles a week, feel better in general and need to buy a whole new wardrobe.
I think your just bored and looking to dip a hook and see what you catch. Enjoy yourself if thats what floats your boat.

Well done on the new you ???

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

Also, smoking crack is not good for you.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Like Peter Atkins (Oxford prof.)

So you get you advice from a hardline atheist, three times married professor of chemistry to back up your exercise opinions. ?????

Nope, I get my advice from a stellar cast of science guys who developed the laws of thermodynamics in the 19th century.
Atkins as one of the world's authorities on physical chemistry adds to their ideas in his book On Being.

Btw., We're all atheist to gods other than our own.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Spoke to a guy yesterday, about same age as me.
Retired gym instructor and marathon runner.
He is now 17 stones and has a dodgy knee.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spoke to a guy yesterday, about same age as me.
Retired gym instructor and marathon runner.
He is now 17 stones and has a dodgy knee.

Dude seriously, lay off the crack.

People get fat, people lose weight. It's down to lifestyle and choices. So as this guy used to instruct in gyms 5,10,15 years ago he should still have a 6-pack and be able to run a sub-4 marathon? Maybe he doesn't give a toss anymore and eats burger king every day.

I spoke to a guy yesterday, same age as me. he was fatter than me, but then i spoke to another guy, about the same age as me. Turned out, he was Chinese! Good runner though.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nope, I get my advice from a stellar cast of science guys who developed the laws of thermodynamics in the 19th century.
Atkins as one of the world's authorities on physical chemistry adds to their ideas in his book On Being.

So you take 200 year old science, over what we know now. Do you by any chance think the earth is flat?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
So you take 200 year old science, over what we know now. Do you by any chance think the earth is flat?

That is being a bit silly. I don't agree with S re lack of exercise, but the laws of thermodynamics are regarded as a fact in physics. When they were first developed or proposed doesn't change whether they are true or not.
BTW, having read a bit about thermodynamics laws, I don't understand them.
They are a bit "heavy"??

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is being a bit silly. I don't agree with S re lack of exercise, but the laws of thermodynamics are regarded as a fact in physics. When they were first developed or proposed doesn't change whether they are true or not.
They are a bit "heavy"??

OK i'll give him that, however the rest of it is bat poo crazy talk.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They are a bit "heavy"??
Only thing I have used thermodynamics for is when I was studying aircraft engineering and learning how an engine works. Not sure how it relates to fat people though!

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
So you take 200 year old science, over what we know now.
If physical laws have stood the test for that length of time you can be as certain as can be they are correct.
Granted the zeroth and 3rd laws are newer.
They relate to temperature.
Just look them up, but I warn you the 2nd law is not so easy. But we are all subject to it and it explains why we live and die.

Do you by any chance think the earth is flat?
Well, I have been to Thorney and Crowland. :)
And if the earth was round, we'd all be thrown off!!
If you think gravity exists to hold us down, then think again.
Dismantled by Einstein.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

er no, I believe in my God, I believe that others believe in there God. It don’t make them wrong or me right. There’s a difference. ?