Exercise

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ability to stretch the hamstrings helps promotes healthy legs and spine.
Remember a time when your body could easily flex when you were young?
What is it like now? Ageing begins soon after puberty.

What actually works to reverse ageing? Not exercise.
If someone came up with an answer in pill form that person would make more money overnight than Mr Coca Cola has made in a lifetime.
The brain goes from birth to Alzheimer's in just a few decades and you would need to youth the brain for a start.
Another reason is thermodynamics. No living creature can outrun the 2nd Law. In fact nothing can, it's the supreme law of physics.

Exercise looked on as a magic elixir is just plain wrong.
We did not evolve to exercise.
We did not evolve to walk, but we did walk to evolve, not at any great pace because it took early Homo sapiens over 200,000 years to find their way out of Africa.

It's not harmful to be lazy or to sit. Sitting is not the new smoking.
Sleeping will vary per individual. Some people need more of it.
Hey, do you remember the time when people who had a lie in were labelled as cheats?
Trying to recall your various threads and comments, I believe you don't like diets as they don't work, you don't like exercise as it doesn't work so I am going to ask the obvious question - what should we be doing to be fit, healthy and live a long and prosperous life?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ability to stretch the hamstrings helps promotes healthy legs and spine.
Remember a time when your body could easily flex when you were young?
What is it like now? Ageing begins soon after puberty.

What actually works to reverse ageing? Not exercise.
If someone came up with an answer in pill form that person would make more money overnight than Mr Coca Cola has made in a lifetime.
The brain goes from birth to Alzheimer's in just a few decades and you would need to youth the brain for a start.
Another reason is thermodynamics. No living creature can outrun the 2nd Law. In fact nothing can, it's the supreme law of physics.

Exercise looked on as a magic elixir is just plain wrong.
We did not evolve to exercise.
We did not evolve to walk, but we did walk to evolve, not at any great pace because it took early Homo sapiens over 200,000 years to find their way out of Africa.

It's not harmful to be lazy or to sit. Sitting is not the new smoking.
Sleeping will vary per individual. Some people need more of it.
Hey, do you remember the time when people who had a lie in were labelled as cheats?

It’s not harmful to be lazy or to sit ?

https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/ss/slideshow-sitting-health

Last edited:

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Trying to recall your various threads and comments, I believe you don't like diets as they don't work, you don't like exercise as it doesn't work so I am going to ask the obvious question - what should we be doing to be fit, healthy and live a long and prosperous life?
For goodness sake, don't encourage him :rolleyes:

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yep. Commercial diets are just that. They are big business. Remember what happened to Atkins?
Exercise does not take weight off you, but a slow walk might.

So what should we be doing to be fit, healthy and live a long and prosperous life?
If I knew the answer to that I'd be living in a palace and not in a semi.
Whatever you do that you think is positive your life expectancy may only increase by a few days.
Whatever you don't do might be better. Don't smoke, don't drink to excess, don't eat to excess. Keep away from trouble. Question everything. Use your own intuition. Don't submit to peer pressure.
Your head is full of misinformation. Try and get rid of it and start again on a regular basis.

Nearly forgot. I've known people who never went to the doctor. What have you got to lose? They did.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I am now of the ilk that the OP posts tripe. Last link he posted was six years old, talk about look for a link that loosely fits your argument. Yet states standing being another myth.

Quote l,
Your head is full of misinformation,

a lot of it has come from rammel posted on here.
Am out.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Err....
That article rather advocates the benefits of standing desks? (Just says that you won't burn many extra calories0
It does suggest easing yourself into standing at a desk. It's a balanced study.
I do like just standing. I have long discovered the benefits of standing at a football match over sitting at one.
Standing in a yoga type posture is good. It's the start of all yoga classes.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Sex and drugs and rock'n'roll.......is all my brain and body need....:cool:

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do like just standing. I have long discovered the benefits of standing at a football match over sitting at one.
So why did you post it as a back-up to your assertion that standing desks have no benefit over sitting?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yet another myth. Standing desks are healthier than sitting desks.
Do you want a back problem in a few years?
Just go for a walk at lunchtime.

The truth behind standing desks - Harvard Health

Oh so its bad...

Err....

That article rather advocates the benefits of standing desks? (Just says that you won't burn many extra calories0

Thanks for reading it, I would have been surprised if it were to the contrary, but my News years resolution was not to read any quoted articles by Stafnovic as they are normally bull plop.

And now it's confirmed by you it's actually good too. Phew, I will sleep easy tonight now.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

Nah I'm not having you coming here with actual research published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, I want to listen to some crank on the internet who thinks he is an expert and exercise is the devil. Except when it's proven to him it's not. Then it's ok. For a month. Until something strange happens and a lightbulb moment makes him post some more of his musings...

Anyway, I'm off to book my Funeral as I went for a run this morning, so assume I don't have long left.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Nah I'm not having you coming here with actual research published in the British Journal of Sports Medicine, I want to listen to some crank on the internet who thinks he is an expert and exercise is the devil. Except when it's proven to him it's not. Then it's ok. For a month. Until something strange happens and a lightbulb moment makes him post some more of his musings...

Anyway, I'm off to book my Funeral as I went for a run this morning, so assume I don't have long left.

apologies, I will take down the post ?